Things we like about the new-look forum

RadioSilence

• Members

I like everything, it all seems fine to me... maybe I'm just not that fussy, it's all simple enough, it works. I have a feeling I have the contrast set much lower on my screen than a lot of people though, it doesn't look bright to me.

• Members

I'm digging everything so far. I'm excited that search is going to eventually be usable. Although I'm sad that we likely won't talk about the same topics over and over again once people start using it.

And generally, using the updated forum code will likely allow for a better experience in the long run. There have actually been some advances in web technology in the last 5 years...

But mostly, I love that this is not HC 2.0.

• Members

Getting used to it, quite easy to actually. I think its fantastic, the colours arent so bad here on my mom's glossy little laptop screen, but at home on my iMac theyre a little strange. A few tweaks throughout the week, and I think we have a real winner on our hands.

• Members

This is miles better than the old one which had become old and stale, and could be seen on any site using the default vBulletin template. If they have a chance of fixing the functionality with the new version of the software then I don't know what people are complaining about. "Oh no I don't like the font!", "Oh the contrast is killing me". Seriously, go and have sex or something.

I like this better anyway, but even if I didn't it would still be preferable if it had a working search function which is fundamental, and it's infinitely better than the last attempt at an upgrade.

• Members

For sure, the background could be a little less bright. As is, I need :cool: to enjoy the site. But one thing I actually like about the current colour scheme is that it looks visually different from TGP, so I now know which site I'm on... :D

When we do get a different colour scheme, I'm hoping for a couple of options. Stock vB4, "old style" HC and hopefully a third option (a little darker than the stock style, but still different from that other site).

Archived