Melx is a...

Stubacca

• Members

Yeah it is looking delightfully stern in its little black livery. Can't wait to pug it in. Its first outing might well be in Vietnam of all places as our first 2011 show is over there.

really? how the hell did you get that gig? ... that will be amazing. :)

• Members

Seriously though our manager decided (before he met us) that with the music industry as it is currently over here it was more sensible to try and make inroads in Asia. So far so good and we'll actually be doing 3 weeks in Vietnam and Cambodia and coming back with a fraction more money than we left with. In the current musical climate this in my mind is a success! Plus it will be ALL the fun.

• Members

Seriously though our manager decided (before he met us) that with the music industry as it is currently over here it was more sensible to try and make inroads in Asia. So far so good and we'll actually be doing 3 weeks in Vietnam and Cambodia and coming back with a fraction more money than we left with. In the current musical climate this in my mind is a success! Plus it will be ALL the fun.

Sounds like a good plan, friends of mine played in japan and they said it was amazing... it seems to me if a UK band makes the effort to go over and play, the people will make the effort to come out to see you. They made a couple of hundred quid (after all expenses) had an amazing time and played to more people every night than they did in London.

• Members

Yeah, it's an orange box written in marker with some random knobs and switches that do nothing. Good harsh fuzz though.

I didn't make that.. I did draw all over it though!!!

it was made by ... {censored}.. something to do with bears? 'brownbear'?? i forget his name, not sure if he comes here anymore. a UK guy from up north somewhere IIRC.

before it was a fuzz is was a mini-amp, that's why the layout is all screwy... it's a one off though that's for sure!!

• Members

Haven't got any at the moment, maybe soon.

A guy I know called David posted your new video on facebook the other day, apparently he knows you from your last band...

Yeah, it's an orange box written in marker with some random knobs and switches that do nothing. Good harsh fuzz though.

Ah cool. Is that tall Dave from Didcot?

Archived