Melx is a...

Stubacca

• Members

...FREAKIN' AWESOME DUDE!!!

I have been following his blog for a little while now and he was building a Supa Fuzz clone for a children's charity (Children in Need http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/).

http://melxfx.blogspot.com/search/label/Children%20In%20Need%202010

I think it's pretty awesome when someone goes out of the way to do something for charity and being a father myself anything involving kids really hits home and I wanted to help out anyway I could. Knowing Melx from his posts here I knew he was a solid dude and a well respected member of the HC community. So after following the progression of the build once it hit ebay to raise money I just bid whatever I had left in my paypal account and I won. The pedal came in last week and I was pleasantly surprised how good it was.

Here is a pic I took.

IMG_8701.jpg

...and a gut shot from Melx's blog.

SL273522.JPG

I bought it just to help out and didn't intend it to go on my board but the more I play this pedal the more I like it. With the fuzz all the way down it cleans up quite nicely and chords sound fantastic. When it's dimed you get the all out fuzz mayhem with some synth like tones, beautiful for leads!! Reacts well to your guitar volume too... all in all a great sounding pedal. The paint job with the dots matches right up to the "Children in Need" campaign and I love small details like that. Not to mention the feumes coming off this thing will get you high in about 3 seconds!

If all this wasn't enough Melx also include a little "gift" for me in the package as well... extras in pedal shipments are awesome no matter how small. This one gives me guitar GAS!

IMG_8730.jpg

I just wanted to thank Melx for a great pedal and for doing something great for others, here it comes...

high5.jpg

• Members

Awww, shucks....

Thanks guys... but seriously thanks to stubacca for bidding more than anyone else on the auction, that's the important bit.

...and glad you liked the Jaguar, I'm not a big fan of sherwood green so it had to go. :lol: (or whatever colour that is?)

• Members

Not to mention the feumes coming off this thing will get you high in about 3 seconds!

haha, I just noticed this.. the paint might have cured in a month or two... it's that glitter stuff, it totally stank my house out as I had to whip it back indoors after spraying it. :) I'm suprised customs didn't impound it!!

• Members

haha, I just noticed this.. the paint might have cured in a month or two... it's that glitter stuff, it totally stank my house out as I had to whip it back indoors after spraying it.
:)
I'm suprised customs didn't impound it!!

Seriously, this would be popular at all those "teen" parties!

• Members

Melx is fantastic. He lent me a few bucks when I was buying a Couch strap so that I could order it in time for a show I was playing. Quite the top notch bloke, I'll always have his back!
:thu:

ah man... I've been wondering who that was, I remember doing it, but had totally forgotten who it was... that was quite a while ago wasn't it?

cool... I'm happy to learn it was you!!

• Members

the one on his blog? it looks well sexy
:thu:

doesn't it?? :love:

it kinda makes me want to re-house all my DIY pedals in plain black cases and have an all black pedal board. :cool:

...wait until you see the matt black metal LED holders!! :lol:

Archived