Who's using their tax return for FX (or other fun stuff?)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well there is two options for me. my woman is letting me spend a grand of my tax returns on equipment. sooo ether a mia back up strat is in order. OR a mu-tron biphase. thats a tuff decision. but since i already have a strat, and a mutron phasor2

i could spend a 1000 bucks on various pedals ex. chicklet,tim, another phasor 2, and a 616 and some other things and completly finish out my pedal board. this is probally what im going to do bc my pedal board is so freaking close to being my image of perfect, this would rock it.

option 3 which is one i dont think even has a chance, is to buy a new amp. i used to run a stereo rig, and after moving to an apartment i sold all my big watters. now im fender ampless and i am rocking a jca0h. this head is killer, but i wouldnt mind settingup a stereo rig again. sooooo many choices

• Members

I got a big return so I've got big plans...So far I got a Superdelay, POG2, and Macbook Pro and I have a bunch more on the way in the mail...

Heh, that sounds alot like my last year's tax return/ work bonus--SDVM and POG2!

I dunno if i'm going to buy much, pedal-wise--i've had a couple of grand this year from a profit sharing bonus at work, and oddly enough i've managed to save it (saving money is incredibly rare for me. Probably because i'm going to wait and see what my tax return is, and then put all the accumulated money (plus maybe a loan) towards much needed paint/ bodywork on my car. I'm thinking about getting maybe a Retro Sonic Chorus though, or maybe an Empress Tremolo or something like that.

• Members

Heh, that sounds alot like my last year's tax return/ work bonus--SDVM and POG2!

Very nice - they're both fun pedals, aren't they? I was kinda looking for the vintage modified superdelay, but I found one of the bare metal ones on eBay and most of the pedals on my board are homemade and bare metal as well, so I jumped on it for aesthetic consistency. Plus, I'm gonna be making a BYOC analog delay soon and I figure that'll cover my vintage sounding delay needs.

• Members

im revamping my pedalbaord with mine
getting rid of: ts9 tubescreamer, coffin blood drive, tonebone hot british, mxr carbon copy and possibly my mij ce-2

getting: Rothwell hellbender, way huge green rhino, mxr analog chorus, way huge swollen pickle, t.c electronics flashback delay/looper

• Members

Just out of curiosity, what do you need/using a fence for?

basically, they just widened the road in front of my house, so now the sidewalk is one car lane closer to my front door than it was before. Wouldn't be such a bad thing, I still have a decent front yard, but in order to do all of their construction, they had to tear down all the big trees in my front yard. So, it seems like there is a serious lack of privacy whenever you're out in my front yard. I could plant new trees, but it will take forever for them to grow, or I can build a big ass fence, so I'm going with the fence in the short term.

• Members

basically, they just widened the road in front of my house, so now the sidewalk is one car lane closer to my front door than it was before. Wouldn't be such a bad thing, I still have a decent front yard, but in order to do all of their construction, they had to tear down all the big trees in my front yard. So, it seems like there is a serious lack of privacy whenever you're out in my front yard. I could plant new trees, but it will take forever for them to grow, or I can build a big ass fence, so I'm going with the fence in the short term.

Trees > Fences

Folks always thinking bout the short term.

I am the only guy on my block in Philly who still has a giant Sycamore tree in front. All the other douche neighbors chopped theirs down because of bird poop on their cars. Really I said!!! That sounds {censored}ing stupid. Everyone on my block wants me to chop down my tree. {censored} them.

• Members

Trees > Fences

Folks always thinking bout the short term.

I am the only guy on my block in Philly who still has a giant Sycamore tree in front. All the other douche neighbors chopped theirs down because of bird poop on their cars. Really I said!!! That sounds {censored}ing stupid. Everyone on my block wants me to chop down my tree. {censored} them.

That's legit. Let 'em take your tree when they pry it from your cold, dead fingers.

Depending on how some of my tuition issues play out, my tax return might be headed straight to my school. Otherwise, AC15C1.

• Members

might be overkill for you, but I just got a Road Runner 7 Guitar Stand Case. really solid, I like it.

Thanks for the help! Im looking at that one right now.

Im also wanting an emperor cabinet 2x12 but Im a little confused as to the total cost of my custom cab so im just waiting for an email back!

Archived