A New Era has begun for me - I am done buying vintage pedals on eBay

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Then {censored} this thread.

LOL

Details would create more bad energy for me, so let me instead just offer some words of caution:

1. Americans should be wary of buying anything expensive from overseas in the current political climate. Our customs process is extremely rigorous lately, so packages might be delayed for as long as 6+ weeks. I opened a case on eBay, but there is even an expiration period for that.

2. Be wary of buying vintage pedals knowing that you will need to repair or modify them to make them operational. I bought a pedal that was wired for 110v. I purchased a transformer to convert it to 220v, and swapped it out when it arrived, thus nullifying any reasonable attempt to get a refund for it.

3. Last, but not least, be wary of any pedal that can only be fixed by less than a handful of people in the world. They have you by the balls.

• Members
You are a good man for taking it so well.

If indeed I'm a good man, then I live by the theory that life will have a way of evening things out (which I've found to be true many times).
If I'm not a good man, then I probably deserved what I got, though I'm not sure why :lol:

But thanks for being cool, Shaun :thu:

• Members

2. Be wary of buying vintage pedals knowing that you will need to repair or modify them to make them operational. I bought a pedal that was wired for 110v. I purchased a transformer to convert it to 220v, and swapped it out when it arrived, thus nullifying any reasonable attempt to get a refund for it.

AH a clue. Yeah man I feel your pain. It's all a gamble really.

Do you still have said pedal?

• Members
If indeed I'm a good man, then I live by the theory that life will have a way of evening things out (which I've found to be true many times).

If I'm not a good man, then I probably deserved what I got, though I'm not sure why
:lol:

But thanks for being cool, Shaun
:thu:

Honestly, with the whole robbery thing...I have just had some anger issues, I just get pissed off super easy.

I envy your state of mind.

• Members

Honestly, with the whole robbery thing...I have just had some anger issues, I just get pissed off super easy.

I envy your state of mind.

You have every reason to be pissed. Being held at gunpoint is truly traumatic. I wouldn't be so calm under those circumstances, so I think you are reacting quite impressively.

• Members

did you see the broken civil war muff for $75!

please somebody buy that. green sided cvil war, so {censored}ing sweet. i bet anything it's the {censored}ty jacks and would cost $30 to fix. i wish i had money at all right now but i don't. i have one of those. got it for $120 on CL for the flip but couldn't get rid of it because it cannot be beat.

• Members

so sorry to hear that man :cry: karma will sort that guy out and you will get many more great deals :thu:

Sucks. This guy disappeared with my cash, and I've only seen the pedal one other time since then (2007)

what pedal is this if i may ask?

Archived