How are the epiphone dots?

• Members

sorry, ill keep my personal opinion about that stuff to myself. no need causing an argument or whatever.

basically, the dot is a great guitar. just like any other guitar, youre gonna wanna try a couple different ones to find one that is the most comfortable to you.

getting new pickups would be a cheap upgrade. however, i find the stock pickups to be perfectly fine.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I own a dot and, like everyone says, they're great guitars. Really versatile and all that jazz, they also work really nicely with different amps.

Here's mine, the neck pup is great but I replaced the bridge with a P90.

gdadsdasdad.jpg

They also take nicely to fuzzes. ;)

• Members
lol at the worship band with the matchless amps.

Say what you will, they make them sound better than anyone else i have heard! I see it as no matter what you are doing music-wise, you should do it the best you can, and gear has a lot to do with that. Also, as a christian, i think you should do anything you can to glorify god, and that involves doing the best at whatever it is you may be doing (music, community service, even simply being as nice as you can to people who you would rather not be nice to at all, that type of stuff).

• Members
I own a dot and, like everyone says, they're great guitars. Really versatile and all that jazz, they also work really nicely with different amps.

gdadsdasdad.jpg

They also take nicely to fuzzes.
;)

Awesome stuff guys! I like the natural, but once again, being left handed, i get one color, and that is red (for whatever reason)

• Members

Say what you will, they make them sound better than anyone else i have heard! I see it as no matter what you are doing music-wise, you should do it the best you can, and gear has a lot to do with that. Also, as a christian, i think you should do anything you can to glorify god, and that involves doing the best at whatever it is you may be doing (music, community service, even simply being as nice as you can to people who you would rather not be nice to at all, that type of stuff).

yeah i was just being a butthead.

• Members

I've been wanting to do the same thing! Well, maybe not the bigsby... Does it sound pretty convincing?

Somewhat. The guitar I really wanted was a Gretsch Anniversary, but those are like $2k. Mine ended up sounding somewhere in between a Gretsch and a Rickenbacker.

If I could do it over again, I don't think I'd add the Bigsby. I got over it pretty quickly and now find it to not be worth the slight tuning issues it gives. I've been told a new nut might help this but I haven't tried it yet.

• Members

Somewhat. The guitar I really wanted was a Gretsch Anniversary, but those are like $2k. Mine ended up sounding somewhere in between a Gretsch and a Rickenbacker.

If I could do it over again, I don't think I'd add the Bigsby. I got over it pretty quickly and now find it to not be worth the slight tuning issues it gives. I've been told a new nut might help this but I haven't tried it yet.

What bridge do you have? one with rollers might make quite a difference too.

• Members

I have played one, but it was quite a while back, so i dont remember much about it. How are they?

i like it, wish i could afford to keep it just laying around unplayed, buti can't. it was my primary guitar before i got the semihollow tele. the schecter has dual hums and a piezo pickup, so you can really get a great range of sounds. the hums aren't the best, but they certainly aren't the worst i've heard. they're like a budget PRS. not that i've ever played a PRS, but that's what i've seen them described as. all in all, a great guitar for the price...they're typically $300 to $450 on ebay...

• Members

I like my Dot. It destroys the fatassed Artcore I used to have, and the cheaper Gretsch models. The stock pickups are lacking, though.

I was going for a Gretsch sound so I put filtertrons and a bigsby on it.

In my cheap hollowbody search I tried loads of instruments and the only ones that really turned me on were Hagstroms and some of the Dots.

How did you like the pickups in the artcore??? Just curious...

• Members

gdadsdasdad.jpg

;)

I did the same with mine. The Phat Cat really made it a great guitar. The all maple body/neck + P-90 combination is super percussive. I love it.

• Members

gdadsdasdad.jpg

;)

That natural finish with the clear pickguard is just sex.

How bad are bigsby tuning issues? It's something I'd want, but I look back on my Floyd Rose days with nothing but horror.

Archived