Post yer dirt! :o)

• Members

SD-2 Dual Overdrive and a Musket. Looking to branch out and get a Sweet Honey od and maybe some sort of mid/high gain distortion. All the talk about the Pharaoh around here is making me want one of those, too.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMT California Sound

AMT E1

Tech 21 Blonde

Geiger Counter

Swollen Pickle

HM-2

DOD Death Metal

Magicstomp & M9

Since I'm just going straight to my interface & monitors, I require some amp flavor in my chain. Used to just use the Magicstomp, but the AMT and Tech 21 stuff has been like a revelation. The Blonde will pretty much be an always-on pedal, unless I'm using one of the AMTs. It's an amazing stacker, makes the HM-2 and the Swollen Pickle sound massive. I just barely got it, can't wait to see what it does for the M9 dirt.

• Members

Currently..

IMG_2890a.jpg

Just a Monsterpiece NPN. On the side, I have a Little Big Muff and a Catalinbread SFT. I'm enjoying not using a bunch of {censored} strung together so I rotate the dirt depending on whatever my current urge is. The fuzz face is working very well at the moment.

• Members

This

I could list some of my favorites, and what amps I like them with, and what sounds I tend to use them for, but it's bound to be a long list. For me, it's about variety and options...

The way I understound this thread, was to post what we were using at the moment, so I focused on that. I have a lot of dirt pedals that I don't use at the moment, so I didn't bothered with them.

• Members

PICT0332.jpg

I generally keep my Blackstar's dirt channel set for a pretty crunchy mid gain sound and boost it with the OD pedals.

Mastortion - massive dirty boost for the stoner riffs

LTD - clean or dirty boost for heavier rock or the brootz. I sometimes use this as a low gain drive for my clean channel or to boost the Twosome.

• Members

Only picture I have of everything together:

154341a9.jpg

-Fulltone 70's (Just got this a few days ago, still deciding how much I like it, so far so good though)

-MP SHOD (used as the ultimate stacking pedal, or on it's own with an EQ pedal after to boost the lows a little bit)

-Skreddy Pigmine (Sounds best on its own, so it usually just hangs out until I feel like playing it)

-MXR/CAE Boost (longest standing pedal I own, used usually after muff type fuzz to add clarity)

-Lovepedal Superlead (My favorite distortion, this pedal along with a tuner was my band "board")

-Plum Crazy Fuzzy Lady (Probably my favorite fuzz, works great in front of clean or already distorted amp, bias knob rules for getting spitty gated fuzz sounds)

-Ronsound Hairpie '75 (the ultimate big muff, probably my second longest standing pedal)

-Modded NYC Big Muff (It's modded with a switch to engage oscillation, and a momentary switch that does weird octave down glitches, and other crazy {censored} while the OSC is engaged, been playing with this one a lot lately.

• Members

what I use alot

Rat (turbo/vintage Hybrid)

Timmy (standard clipping)

Big Muff (violet ram)

Tone Machine (for the nasties)

Fuzz Face (ac128's with bias)

soon to be added to the arsenal

Version of the Ibanez SD-9 Sonic Distortion (using a GGG pcb)

Box of Rocks (madbean pcb)

Super 2 in 1 (madbean pcb)

Dist Plus+ (vero with tone control)

plus loads of other stuff I don't use very much.

• Members

what I use alot

Rat (turbo/vintage Hybrid)

Timmy (standard clipping)

Big Muff (violet ram)

Tone Machine (for the nasties)

Fuzz Face (ac128's with bias)

soon to be added to the arsenal

Version of the Ibanez SD-9 Sonic Distortion (using a GGG pcb)

Box of Rocks (madbean pcb)

Super 2 in 1 (madbean pcb)

Dist Plus+ (vero with tone control)

plus loads of other stuff I don't use very much.

This is something I was hoping to see; how people have their Timmy's set. I got mine in a trade, and haven't opened it up since (been about a year), so I don't even know where the dip switches are set. :idk:... but it sounds fantastic as is, so I haven't felt the need to change anything... would be cool to know how others have their's set as well.

• Members

It must matter a little bit because you engaged in this thread...
:rolleyes:

Dang man... I just thought it'd be interesting to see how other people use their dirts; especially those who have the same pedals as others on here.
:idk:

But unless you are using the same guitars and amps and are wanting similar results those settings suggestions are pretty pointless, IMO. It's one of the reasons we don't publish 'suggested settings' for our pedals - each rig and playing situation is different. What totally rocks for one person can totally suck balls for the next.

So as to not completely pee in your Cheerios - I'll list mine:

Analogman AstroTone Fuzz

Skreddy Screw Driver

BJF Honey Bee

Malekko Fuzz

Fulltone '69

Scott's Crispy Cream Treble Booster

Haunting Mids v3 Fuzz

Cochrane Timmy

Catalinbread stuff:

Silver Kiss Mk.1

SCOD