A search for the most scrambled fuzz of all time...

Guest Guest

Again, rare. But good suggestion. I don't have the time to devote to tracking one down. That reissue didn't seem to last too long. Or I just haven't seen one in a hot minute.

Creepy Fingers Pink Elephant is an excellent clone of this (Ampeg Scrambler), with a clean blend.

• Members
Put an Ampeg Scrambler in there somewhere?

Again, rare. But good suggestion. I don't have the time to devote to tracking one down. That reissue didn't seem to last too long. Or I just haven't seen one in a hot minute.

Buy mine? :idea:;)

• Members

I own both, they are totally different things.

The Fuzz Factory has a ton of nice germanium fuzz tones inside, but doesn't really get all that out there.

Noise Swash on the other hand can get some of those same old school fuzzy sounds, but excels at huge wall of sound bowel gouging fuzz. It also differs in the complexity of sounds that come out of it. When a Fuzz Factory oscillates it emits on steady tone, while the Noise Swash lets forth all sorts of melodic lines, rythmic pulses, static, it basically is like a small synth.

How much of the noise swash is just weird oscillating noises though?

I mean can it get all the sames sounds as a fuzz factory?

I'm interested, but all I hear are weird beeps, boops, and screeching noises.
:idk:

• Members

A noise swash is a total different animal than a fuzz factory. The only thing that they have in common is no two people use it the same unless they copy settings.

You know what you're talking about. Keep an eye out on ebay, I got a Max Tweaker Noise Swash with Control Voltage in/out for $250, brand new condition.

A friend of mine is really into the Nocto Loco, that is pretty crazy if you want everything to be pitch shifted down into chaos, but you can probably get some of those sounds using you're awsome range of fuzz's that you already have.

Year 4545 is on my list of things to check out, along with the 4ms Atoner.

• Members

why not just put the Bit and the Aenima together like you said (since its pretty much what you want) into a bypass loop, then just kick that and problem solved
:idk:

That's close to what I just did.

I may have found a short term solution. I got one of Devi's new pedals, the Stone, in the mail today. Its a sodaMeiser->DarkBoost combo thats almost like totally low end. I ran an Aenima into it vol maxed, intensity all the way left into a max vol Stone and a 9 oclock intensity and holy hell. The TP in the Aenima found the SM in the Stone and its a DAMN close match to the biggest wall of scrambled noise I've ever seen. Tapping my foot on a fuzz probe made it {censored} even harder. And its easily recreateable ... for me. So the search continues. But the short term for recording is totally done, I just gotta let him borrow a stone until we get to wack one of these other pedals a try.

Depending on when the Circuit Breakers finally come out, we may buy a either an electrofaustus ef103 or the year 4545 afterwards. Ive got a CB preordered. Man that thing is insane. The more I see with that ef103 Im starting to think we all need one. Always. Just to piss off our drummers. "BUT DUDE I CANT TELL WHAT YOUR PLAYING!!" haha.

• Members

I own a TGD and tried it. It doesn't scramble, its the ultimate in starve fuzz. Totally awesome pedal though.
Doesn't stack with other fuzzies that well
, doesn't really have to. Oddly enough with the all the knobs maxed its one of the thickest useable fuzzies I own. a year 4545 is a contender after hearing clips of it.

i know you want scrambled fuzz but i have a DOD Classic Fuzz in front of TGD it stacks perfectly fine. there is some stuff the TGD doesn't stack well against but there's other stuff that stacks just fine IMO.

• Members

Ampeg Scrambler, fender blender, Shin Ei Companion fuzz, Univox Superfuzz,...

My personal weapons of choice, although I doubt it's the exact tone you're after: Wolf Computer plus SuperPlextortion. I guess instead of that Wampler any decent od/dist pedal would do the trick though, cause at that level of noise mayhem and stacked dirt it'd be kinda pointless to bother with booteek pedlulz.

• Members

DSCN1318.JPG

into this:

devievertornspeaker.jpg

I've got an Aenima, which is basically a louder more {censored}edup Torns Peaker. Its been the goto for {censored}ed up noises so far. Stack it with a few other fuzzes and everything goes crazy.

Whats the other pedal?

• Members

Yea I was gonna suggest anything Montreal Assembly. Totally ape{censored} in the best ways. Also, I'd look at the 4545. Hands down the most unique "chaotic" fuzz I've owned. It can get some of the most haunting oscillations, crackly, squelchy or what ever other weird adjectives you can throw at it. I've got a {censored} overdrive now and I can run things into it and at the end and get weird bloomy and glitchy/ crumbly fuzz sounds. As an OD alone it's my fav pedal hands down.

I had a Infanem Second Voice. To glitchy for me. But really insane if you dial it in right, also it's the loudest pedal I've played.

I've got a noise swash in the works. Should be good to go with that very soon. I think it'll be down to this or a 4545 for me. Maybe both. SS/BS and Montreal Assembly are two innovative and cool builders. Love their stuff.

• Members

I've got an Aenima, which is basically a louder more {censored}edup Torns Peaker. Its been the goto for {censored}ed up noises so far. Stack it with a few other fuzzes and everything goes crazy.

Whats the other pedal?

montreal assembly fax machine

http://mtlasm.blogspot.com/p/probability-of-fax-machine.html

just... watch the video. you'll see what i mean.

• Members

Nice avatar - Phil Elverum's work blows my mind.

I'd like to hear what you think of the Noise Swash vs. the 4545. So far the Swash is craziest and most versitle 'crazy' fuzz box I've found. It also works beautifully as an instrument/synth/sound generator. My only complant really is take on more of the extreme settings the oscillation will bleed through when bypassed, but it's not a huge deal to me. Also mine is fully loaded so it's in a pretty big box, also not a huge deal.

Yea I was gonna suggest anything Montreal Assembly. Totally ape{censored} in the best ways. Also, I'd look at the 4545. Hands down the most unique "chaotic" fuzz I've owned. It can get some of the most haunting oscillations, crackly, squelchy or what ever other weird adjectives you can throw at it. I've got a {censored} overdrive now and I can run things into it and at the end and get weird bloomy and glitchy/ crumbly fuzz sounds. As an OD alone it's my fav pedal hands down.

I had a Infanem Second Voice. To glitchy for me. But really insane if you dial it in right, also it's the loudest pedal I've played.

I've got a noise swash in the works. Should be good to go with that very soon. I think it'll be down to this or a 4545 for me. Maybe both. SS/BS and Montreal Assembly are two innovative and cool builders. Love their stuff.

• Members

Yea it'll probably be a couple of weeks before I get it, but I'll report back! My only concern with the NS was the bleed through, and it's gated fuzz sounds. Not that I want all gated, but the option is nice to have those Velcro ripping type of sounds. I'm getting the swash full mini. Really small box...

Also, check out the {censored} OD. It can get these really cool broken speaker sounds like Mt. Eerie type of stuff. And it can be set up more dynamically so you dig in and get the {censored}ed up stuff. I imagine running that into the swash will be awesome. Crumbly lofi goodness.

Nice avatar - Phil Elverum's work blows my mind.

I'd like to hear what you think of the Noise Swash vs. the 4545. So far the Swash is craziest and most versitle 'crazy' fuzz box I've found. It also works beautifully as an instrument/synth/sound generator. My only complant really is take on more of the extreme settings the oscillation will bleed through when bypassed, but it's not a huge deal to me. Also mine is fully loaded so it's in a pretty big box, also not a huge deal.

Archived