Apparently only one more year of Devi Ever pedals

OMTerria

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Yeah, I got one as soon as they were available. I know we have liked several similar pedals in the past and this is probably the funnest dirt pedal I have ever used, so you really should try it out. It is so entertaining because of all the different tones available (and there are tons, from weird broken tremelo to pitchshifting fuzzy radio signals). If you do get one try this setup or something similar, a pitch shifter (I use a Whammy), simple flanger before the Test Pattern like the Fl9 set to a really short flange with almost 0 feedback, a lofi delay at the end, again set to ridiculously short delay times with enough repeats to put it just at oscillation and then really mess around with how you are hitting the input of the Test Pattern. With that setup I can get the craziest (and most believeable) brass sounds I have ever heard from a guitar and if you back off the input and set the flange right you can get these weird drops in pitch to happen that sound like a broken trombone. I have tried out every pedal I own with the Test Pattern and that setup is capable of some of the most intense, insane sounds I have ever heard. Then if you can add a compressor and/or filter/eq it's unlimited, I have never got so many different distortion sounds out of 2 knobs along with 3 other pedals.

Just email her I am sure she will make you one and there have been like 12 new versions released in the month I've had mine (look in her hand painted etsy shop, I think there maybe some available there). TBH though it kind of makes me mad that she never mentioned to the people who preordered them that she was going to do an expanded version and then as soon as most were shipped posted a Test Pattern 2 followed immediately by a 3. Really though I don't guess it matters because mine does everything I want it too plus more and the other version's expansions don't really wow me. It would have been nice to know but I can already get so many sounds out of this one that I am completely happy.

orns6x.gif

• Members

actually I think she said "june". now, it's supposed to be the end of the summer. i hope it happens, but devi has announced projects before and then abandoned them, so i'm in the "believe it when i see it" frame of mind.

yeah 'cause she's totally the first builder to ever pull that one

• Members

Couple of things since I just took the time to read 8 pages of comments ...

I don't get the unity gain comments in Devi pedals. I don't have unity gain issues in pedals because I set my amp to a set volume and started micing my cabs for recording and shows... since then I've never had a unity gain problem. Just found the spot for the volume on each pedal and viola. And I use a metric assload of fuzz and gain pedals. Just remember where to make adjustments when you change your volume maybe? Or realize that dirt pedals will make things louder. If you don't like that, compress it. If I change my settings, before practice or recording (or before a gig during check) I take about a minute and check the vol on everything and I'm good.

I will say this, my Aenima it did take me a few days to get a feel for unity gain. But my Bit? i hear people bitch all the time about that. Never had a problem.

Devi makes awesome pedals in a pretty big array. I've got a bunch of her pedals, use them all for different things. For my money the 33 is the best around useable dirt box I've ever owned (believe it or not, the Great Destroyer with all nonvolume knobs cranked is a close second). But I see a lot of people just talk {censored} about them and her. Look if you don't like scrambled noisey fuzz pedals don't buy DE. Want a muff? Buy a muff. Want Zvex? Turn on a Muse CD and order away. I personally don't (cept my Fuzz Probe, I love that thing) but you never see me bashing the guy online. Matter of fact he's pretty damned cool. I can't get the tones I like for the price from most companies. Not all, I support a lot of companies. Some of them I can't bloody afford and they take up too much board space. With the array of DE pedals, buy a couple and leave them set... get more uses than buying dirt 3 times the price IMO. I hate most muffs and muff clones (note: most). I hate traditional tones for most of my music. I got tired of chaining a bunch of {censored}. DE, Dwarfcraft, and SubDecay really helped me with all that. Mostly DE.

If you don't like it, its not for you. But other people think your taste sucks too. Why can't people just realize they NOT EVERYONE HAS TO LIKE WHAT YOU LIKE. Too many people buy a pedal because everyone else buys it. Or an amp. Or a guitar. Enter that old "if everyone else jumped off a bridge" comparison here.

She quits? I'll be sad. But if she quits handmaking them all (something I believe deserves respect) and hires someone to do it? Fine by me. Long as they sound the same. If she decides to close her doors? Fine by me. She's allowed a career change same as anyone, but now I gotta get a second mortgage to buy the rest of her pedal line I want. I find it odd some forums hate on people who MAKE the pedals they BUY. I bet pedal builders are not spending their days talking on forums talking about your guitar playing. I'd bet on that. Its sad to see any small business close their doors, but it aint over till its over.

And for the record Devi is a pretty damned nice person who gets do to something she loves for a living. Bashing her on the net... yea. RRRREAL professional guys.

Which do you think will come out first?

The console? The 919? Duke Nukem Forever? Ghostbusters 3?

Duke Nukem forever comes out in a few days.... Ghostbusters 3's delays are probably just studio tricks.

919? Agreed there.... And the Console's fate was mentioned lately. She still expects them out by end of summer last I read.

So I'm betting on Duke Nukem forever, then Console, then 919, then Ghostbusters 3. I'd gladly trade the first three for Ghostbusters 3 to go into production tomorrow.

• Members

who has a link to hir playing that 'original' song of its.

the one where shi starts it off by introducing the JH Aquamarine fuzzface with "OMG' and hir newly acquired and out of tune blacktop jazzmaster with 'OMG SO TRENDY'

and then commences playing the song. mad respect to hir starting a company and garnering recognition, but that was a bad song.

• Members

the one where shi starts it off by introducing the JH Aquamarine fuzzface with "OMG' and hir newly acquired and out of tune blacktop jazzmaster with 'OMG SO TRENDY'

and then commences playing the song. mad respect to hir starting a company and garnering recognition, but that was a bad song.

Look at this thing posting a bunch of garbage. It thinks its witty and immune to depersonalizing attacks because it has a socially-accepted gender role.

You are a funny and witty something or other, I'll tell you what!

I think I've seen something like this piece of stuff before!

trollfacem.jpg

• Members

Dude, {censored}.

"she" and "her".

What you are doing is not funny, clever, original or cool. It's base and offensive to a lot of people whom you have no right to judge.

You wanna say something sport her pedals, business or stuff she's put on the web? Fine. No need to take cheap shots at someone like that.

Plus it takes impact away from whatever your point actually is.

{censored}ing cut it out.

Dude, {censored}.

"she" and "her".

What you are doing is not funny, clever, original or cool. It's base and offensive to a lot of people whom you have no right to judge.

You wanna say something sport her pedals, business or stuff she's put on the web? Fine. No need to take cheap shots at someone like that.

Plus it takes impact away from whatever your point actually is.

{censored}ing cut it out.

Not really the way that I would have chosen to express it, and it's really not your place to have to say it here (report / ignore), but the general message is sound. There's no need to insult and demean people - especially based of gender identity. Please refer to people by the pronouns that they choose to use for themselves, or by their user name, or don't refer to them at all. Frankly, I am growing tired of all the innuendo and sly comments, and my patience with them, and with having to remind people to remain decent and civil, is wearing thin... :cop:

I think we can close this thread now anyway.

Archived