OT: Dr Pepper

moqi

• Members

Mmh...I love me a good Dr Pepper. And by good I mean with real sugar! Why does it have to taste so different depending on where it's from?

My buddy brought me two cans from the UK - tastes phenomenal. To me that's the real deal.

The one we can get here in Germany (and I think in Holland) is sweetened with sugar AND acesulfame K which makes it taste like {censored}. Artificial sweeteners are horrible. :cry:

A kiosk at university carries the US version and it's definitely better than the German one, but still not quite as good as in the UK. I guess most/all US softdrink are sweetened with high fructose corn syrup!?

Why don't they all use real sugar FFS!?!

CSB.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmm.. I've never looked at the origin of dr pepper, but the one I pick up from time to time says it's sweetened with imperial sugar, so I'm guessing it's not from the US. Probably from Vietnam. I actually prefer cherry dr pepper, although it's weird; imagine more cola flavored coke.

• Members

Dr. Pepper is {censored}ing fantastic. It eternally will remind me of Taco Bell, as its the only fast food place where you can get Dr. Pepper in fountain form.

Watttt?

Wendys, Burger King, Arbys. McDonalds?

Taco Bell is for Baja Blast!

• Members

Dr. Pepper is {censored}ing fantastic. It eternally will remind me of Taco Bell, as its the only fast food place where you can get Dr. Pepper in fountain form.

the best is Mountain Dew Code Red from taco bell!!! and the Baja Blastttt

sweet nectar of the gods!!!

Archived