Line6 M5 owners, can this be powered off a One Spot?

RoboPimp

• Members

Someone on here was powering an M5 off a 9v Voodoo Labs PP2+ output so the One Spot should work.

Probably best to get confirmation from someone using one first though, Line 6 have a habit of needing adapters to not blow up their pedals ;p

• Members

I ran mine off a one spot for a while. It was unstable IME. Sometimes when I went to the preset bank the whole unit would shutoff/blink/erase presets. Got to be too much for me so now I just carry the adapter that came with it. Kind of a bummer for me but I like the M5 too much for it to matter.

• Members

I ran mine off a one spot for a while. It was unstable IME. Sometimes when I went to the preset bank the whole unit would shutoff/blink/erase presets. Got to be too much for me so now I just carry the adapter that came with it. Kind of a bummer for me but I like the M5 too much for it to matter.

did you have a lot of power hungry pedals hooked up?

• Members

PS-6, Supercollider, RV-3, Sansamp BDDI

So not really. The onespot should have handled it. Even when the Sansamp was the only thing running I would get the hiccups. It could have just been the luck of the draw but I have had no issues since switching to the supply that came with it.

• Members

The new Voodoo Labs Digital power supply might be just the ticket, if it comes out. I have 3 pedals that will be perfect for this power supply. Fair price too. Although still more than a 1Spot, but hey, at least it will work, and reliably too.

• Members

I run all this off a single OneSpot with no issue. I might end up picking up the Voodoo Labs Digital though as I wouldn't mind isolating some of the pedals. The guy who was saying his M5 was doing strange stuff sounds like he just had a bad unit.

f0a770d1.jpg

Archived