P-90 guitars, I think I want one...

IRG

• Members

Nice, looks very similar to mine, except mine (thankfully) has Grovers rather than Klusons. These guitars are hard to beat. So versatile. I can get everything from Grant Green type jazz tones to punk to country twang to Gilmour from it.

DSC_0256.jpg

Never thought I'd say this but it's eclipsed my ASAT Special as being my favourite guitar. The ASAT sits there gathering dust most of the time now.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nice, looks very similar to mine, except mine (thankfully) has Grovers rather than Klusons. These guitars are hard to beat. So versatile. I can get everything from Grant Green type jazz tones to punk to country twang to Gilmour from it.

DSC_0256.jpg

Never thought I'd say this but it's eclipsed my ASAT Special as being my favourite guitar. The ASAT sits there gathering dust most of the time now.

Wow, that is quite a statement.

• Members

DSC_0256.jpg

I need to quit dicking around with all these other guitars I own and just find myself a kickass Historic Special and be done. It's the perfect guitar for me for a variety of reasons, I just never get to see one in person in lefty to know for sure.

• Members

DSC_0256.jpg

Whoa, love this guitar! Does it have a rounded 50's neck or a 60's slim taper?

• Members

That's not a Historic, it's a mid 90s Special. I've played Historics which were awesome but this one is really nice too. Must've been a good period for Gibson.

Yeah I know - I'd want the wraptail bridge. Howard has a Historic that sounds infrickingcredible.

• Members

I have no idea who Howard is, but why would you want a wraparound over the tom/stop tail? Looks?

Howard = Kittycaster/CBread pedal designer and video dude.

The wraptail intonates just fine and I like the ring of the guitar better, it does look better IMO but that's not the main reason for me.

Howard and his Historic Special - PARDON THE SPAMZ:

[video=youtube;kuPU27-T0fM]

• Members

Yeah, man. I find the ASAT really too bright nowadays. I think that may be because I'm leaning towards playing a lot of jazz lately though.

Well that makes sense, single coils with jazz would tend to be a bit bright I suppose. You find P-90s darker then? Or just less high end treble response perhaps.

• Members

My 2001 Gibson Historic TV Les Paul Specials...........

01GibsonHistoric60TVLPSpecialsA.jpg

And to add to their coolness, consecutive serial #'s..........

01GibsonHistoric60TVLPSpecailConsec.jpg

Let's be honest, you truly don't need two of those. The consecutive serial numbers only exemplify that fact. I'll be over once the hurricane ends to help lighten your load ;)

Archived