Delay w/tap on a 1 spot?

JrB

• Members

i'm looking for a delay w/tap that works on a 1 spot. I'm trying to set up a 2nd board w/ just the basics and only want the one power supply. I like my echo park but it needs it's own power or it's noisy. Under $100 used or new would be prefered.

• Members

DD7 with a cheap external tap

this. Was my go-to delay for a long time. works really well and sounds great.

or a SMMH. You can find one used for just over $100 probably

Or a Flashback delay, which has that 'strum tempo' feature thing which i have yet to try. were people more or less pleased with the strum tempo thing?

• Members

but seriously guise, how is that strum tempo thing on the Flashback?? i havent heard anyone mention it ever...

From what I understand, you hold the switch down and strum. I'm not sure if it mutes your signal while you strum or if it goes through. Not sure if it mutes the signal if it would be useful in a live setting.

• Members

From what I understand, you hold the switch down and strum. I'm not sure if it mutes your signal while you strum or if it goes through. Not sure if it mutes the signal if it would be useful in a live setting.

THis is it's drawback, it does just that for a second or two. Otherwise it works fine. The Repeater is great, because it can do both, a separate switch for tap tempo or strum as well.

• Members

Any digital delay has the potential to cause noise when chained to a bunch of other pedals via the Onespot. It depends what else is in the chain and some experimentation may be required. My DE-7 is pretty stable when daisychained (but no tap tempo). I have had good luck with the Marshall Echohead as well (it does have the tap).

• Members

yeah the Echohead has been on my radar. how's the tap on the digidelay? i see you have to hold down the switch to engage, which would be a bit of a pain. can you just leave it in tap mode? as in could i set it to tap at the beginning of a set and just change the tempo with each song.

• Members

While I really liked the Digidelay it did not play well in a daisy chain (back ground whining noise). Sucked a {censored} ton of tone in the bypassed position as well. In a daisy chain I think it is pretty dependant on the pedals other than the delay in the chain.

Archived