NAMM 2009 Rumor Mill

bruto

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And the prices have dropped for the 76 and 88 key versions. For instance last week the lowest price I saw for a brand new PC3x was $2999 or so. Now I've seen two places that have it around $2540 today....and this is for brand new ones, not refurbs or open boxes or returns.

Sweet, thanks for tipping us off on this! I bought mine for $2799 from American Musical Supply (highly recommend them btw) a couple weeks ago, and I just called them and they refunded me $260 because of the price drops.

• Members

Good points all, but I still feel that the plethora of synth & keys instruments available today will be hugely affected by economic factors (especially here in the USA) over the next year, unless they find a way to bring manufacturing (thus retail) costs down.

I'm into keyboards midway between "boutique" (by my definition: modular systems) and "mainstream" (Big 3, Kurz., Alesis) - stuff like Nord, DSI, Access, etc. - but I can only afford one new synth a year, and unless I want to sell a beloved axe to get a new one, I have to consider price point as a major factor. I would love to have bought a Prophet 08 last year, but I just couldn't get the scratch together without selling something I play all the time. So I opted for a Creamware Pro12 ASB as a substitution - it's an awesome little module, but I really wanted a keyboard.

I was much happier as a consumer - being a play-at-home hobbyist - when I was able to buy an SH32, Electribe, MicroKorg, etc. every 2-3 months. I've grown away from those kinds of instruments in my tastes, but my wallet can't keep up. I'm hoping, then, that the economic climate will force some of these guys to develop pro-level synths that they can sell at far more affordable prices.

• Members

Isn't the first Spectralis still in software version 0.9x?

I was wondering that myself. From my understanding the spec was VERY buggy in the past. I wonder if the issues have been fixed. Im willing to bet they have, its been so long.

I think drools is the only person here that can say one thing or another about it.

• Members

Isn't the first Spectralis still in software version 0.9x?

''Before going to some friends for the upcoming New Year holidays Andreas sent me the long awaited preliminary version 0.99 and told me, that he will return to work on saturday.

Before putting something online I usually check a new firmware a couple of hours to make sure to keep the quality of our versions on a high level. I sent the version to Rico and Olli as well - they made already some heavy betatesting in the past. Unfortunatly we found a Bug that crashes the Spectralis immediatly. I know I promised a new version for the end of the year and multiple times before - but this version definetly underuns my quality standards. I hope, Andreas get that fixed next weekend.

A happy new year to all of you and sorry again - but we are very close to upload a new version.

J

• Members

I was wondering that myself. From my understanding the spec was VERY buggy in the past. I wonder if the issues have been fixed. Im willing to bet they have, its been so long.

I think drools is the only person here that can say one thing or another about it.

where?

• Members

Thought Sherman was concentrating on a dj based effects box?

Yeah, that was supposed to come out in 2008 I think. I doubt we'll see an FB3 soon. I was just wondering if someone may have heard something. I'm thinking about buying one within a couple months (hopefully) when the bad-luck-bills are paid. But if I can work it, I'd rather buy one in a couple weeks. If there's a new one though, there will likely be some waiting period of at least a couple months I'd imagine.

• Members

what meeting did i sleep through and why didn't anyone try to wake me up?!

the Kontrol 49 and microKontrol are no more. must have happened a while ago b/c nobody has any. think they are coming out with a new one at NAMM or something? i thought this was a popular controller for them but they don't appear to have replaced them with anything. any guesses?

Archived