NAMM 2009 Rumor Mill

bruto

• Members

Wow, NAMM 2009 is a month away and no rumors yet?

DSI will certainly have it's new MoPho there. Not sure if the Linn Drum will finally make it though.

Korg has the new MicroKorg. Not sure what else.

Moog will have their new Taurus pedals to show. Not sure what else. I just saw an Old School a few days ago up close - and man does it look nice!

Roland? Yamaha?

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

New Groovebox and possible new VA from Roland

New Electribes from Korg

Macbeth keyboard

Working model of the new Linndrum

New soundsets and Organ model mode for Korg M3

Jared is cooking up something from Future Retro

Solaris will show itself again.

Clavia Nord Electro 3

Waldorf Blofeld keyboard.

• Members

C-Thru Music - AXiS-49 controller, smaller USB powered version of AXiS-64.

They already displayed the prototype.

cheers

ripe

Definitely worth a visit to their booth; the C-thru controllers are really cool and the cute British girl who demonstrates them is too. :thu:

I do not expect Moog to have an actual Taurus prototype for public display... whether or not they actually go forward with the project depends on pre-orders and the pre-order deadline isn't 'til after NAMM. So a display model might be a little premature.

I'm pretty sure there will be something new from Moog; just not a Taurus.

Oh, don't forget the new Hyper-Super-Expandified LinnDrum5000 beat-centric mainframe computer and home multimedia station...

• Members

This will be
the most interesting
NAMM ever! We will see the release of another 45924 analog softsynths which all sound the same.

:bor:

There are a few softies I like, the original Arturia Moog Modular V and GForce's new MTron Pro and Virtual String Machine. But I do agree with you Don, vanilla softsynths make a very boring NAMM.

I hope Korg does announce a new Electribe series - it's way overdue. They've been trickling down OASYS technology into everything else, so an updated Electribe seems like a no-brainer.

I also heard the rumor about Tom Oberheim making a synth again. However, since he's in Dave Smith's coffee circle, he may or may not use NAMM to announce it. DSI has done a pretty good job using the internet to announce new products.

Archived