NAMM 2009 Rumor Mill

bruto

• Members

Symbolic Sounds Paca and Pacarana to replace Capybara (leaked on Matrixsynth before being quickly deleted)

Built-in synth option for Haken Audio's Continuum (reported by UstadAlisomethign)

Trumpet for iPhone and iPod Touch

New version of Korg DS-10 optimized for Nintendo DSi (which has different processor and other stuff compared to DS/DS Lite)

Next iteration of iPhone 3G - could be anything from just a few bumps to radically new chipset.

Yet another run of Monomes

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

New version of Korg DS-10 optimized for Nintendo DSi (which has different processor and other stuff compared to DS/DS Lite)

100% not going to happen. DSi is not that different from DS Lite, and the market is small, at least for now (and obviously, the normal DS-10 works).

• Members

V-Synth XTs are going pretty cheap these days, that's a rack SH-201 with a whole lot of extra stuff thrown in...

It's still over a grand.

Not to mention, I was thinking of something along the lines of the JP-8080, with actual knobs and sliders.

I also wonder, regarding that picture, why 3 Radias? Do they link together for maximum polyphony sicknastiness?

• Members

100% not going to happen. DSi is not
that
different from DS Lite, and the market is small, at least for now (and obviously, the normal DS-10 works).

You're probably right, in that Winter 2009 might be too early for a DSi version. The market is kept small because it hasn't been released in the US - dunno about Europe. One comment from the DS-10 dev team that stood out to me was the low level output of the DS and how they had to design around that. The DSi's faster processor might also be of interest to them.

I'm guessing we'll see it announced in Winter 2010.

• Members

those look like LED lights that you plug into USB, coaxial or XLR.

I can't see the point in more than one Radias. Just get Live or something and sample sample, much more flexible.

OS 2 really kicks ass, but I'm disappointed to find allot of functions are left off the front panel. However the software makes the programming patches easy as hell.. which is really a head scratcher why korg chose the rack format for the Radias they did. They should have kept the step buttons, ditched the rest, put a few knobs for live use on the front & added pattern chaining and then left the editing for a VST similar to the MicroX. That would kick ass..

The way it is now, just doesn't make sense. There's no point in touching it when you to default to the software (learning the shortcuts is lame man, it's the 21st century) or use a controller mapped to the functions not on the front panel.

• Members

Any chance of a Korg Koascillator Version 2? for example, one that has a mini sequencer that retains your compositions with the power off? And adds midi, so your sequenced compositions could then run exterior sound engines? That would *definitely* be a 2009 purchase of mine!

• Members

Hmmm:

''the Alesis booth is going to be the place to be for latest in all-new e-percussion, recording gear. ''

IE Alesis are not hinting at any new synth

''the place to be for the latest news and about what Akai Professional's development team has been cooking up''

Nice to hear they are cooking at Akai :lol:

Archived