NAMM 2009 Rumor Mill

bruto

• Members

I'm hoping hoping that somewhere down one of the little tiny side aisles of the exhibition floor ... far away from the heady excitement of the revolutionary new synths that are sure to be hyped ... there's gonna be somebody announcing the release of a new production "keytar" with a reasonable quality keybed on is and common controller capablities - targeted for sale at an affordable price (

(Let the laughter begin....) :facepalm:

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"keytar" with a reasonable quality keybed on is and common controller capablities - targeted for sale at an affordable price (

(Let the laughter begin....)
:facepalm:

I've expressed my desire for one many times. I wasn't in a band or even a key player (guitar player) when roland stopped theirs.

I'm a key player in a metal band, I'm expected to be a big dork. It's all about having fun.

• Members

Does anyone know if any new yamaha or kawai digital pianos will be released at Namm

Do you mean home or stage digital pianos? If you mean home, I'd be rather shocked if Yamaha didn't have something new at NAMM - they always update their home piano line.

Yamaha's pro line moves a little slower. A new or updated series appears every 3 or 4 years.

Same goes for Kawai home digital pianos.

• Members

I know the Oasys and Radias were discontinued mid-08, so it will be interesting to see what happens. Maybe both are in the dust due to sales?

Actually, the OASYS has not been discontinued at all. It is still very much in production and on sale. Where do people get these "facts" from?

• Members
Actually, the OASYS has not been discontinued at all. It is still very much in production and on sale. Where do people get these "facts" from?

Suppliers,who tell them that it's discontinued. Where do you get yours from? :) Supposedly supplies of the 76 key started drying up months ago, and 88 keys are starting to dry up now too, although there should still be some around. It looks like Korg are about to announce some sort of update at NAMM.. After then they may or may not officially say the old version is "discontinued". Given its price point I doubt Korg will call it "discontinued", but may simply opt to stick some better hardware, than the current Pentium 4 Aopen motherboard, into it and give it a new version number. It's likely that any software update would be issued to those who run on the older hardware anyway. But we'll see.. Unless you know something direct from Korg which contradicts that in any major way? :)

• Members

Hi guys,

I am interested in buying a new controller midi keyboard. I am waiting to see what NAMM 2009 has to offer(is anything special coming out in this area??).

Is there a web page that shows what each company offered at Namm (rather than going to each brand's website).

FUNKYJUICE

• Members

Hi guys,

I am interested in buying a new controller midi keyboard. I am waiting to see what NAMM 2009 has to offer(is anything special coming out in this area??).

Is there a web page that shows what each company offered at Namm (rather than going to each brand's website).

FUNKYJUICE

Here's one:

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM09/

But lots of other places cover namm too.

• Members

Unfortunately it's looking like the only thing new from Novation will be a limited edition glow-in-the-dark Novation Remote SL.. Hopefully there'll be more. Korg seems like they might announce a new controller too. Hopefully someone will do something nicer than the usual guff they've been releasing in recent years. :)

• Members

I'm mainly looking forward to 2 things at namm: To see what the new Future Retro product is and to see if Celemony finally releases the newest Melodyne version. I'd like to see a keytar too, but I'm in doubt anything will suprise me too much.

• Members

Hi guys,

FUNKYJUICE

Me too, when will the controller market finally go up market?

Give me a compact 37 or 49 key controller in a very sleek and light package. Look at what Apple is doing with their new unibody design for the Macbooks. Something small, light and sturdy, but with a good keybed, aftertouch, a small but high contrast screen. A few controllers for realtime editing, a few pads for drumming. In two versions, with and without a high quality audiocard built-in. And even better, foldable in half to fit it in a backpack.

If i had the time I would do a mockup in a 3D modelling software.

• Members

Me too, when will the controller market finally go up market?

Give me a compact 37 or 49 key controller in a very sleek and light package. Look at what Apple is doing with their new unibody design for the Macbooks. Something small, light and sturdy, but with a good keybed, aftertouch, a small but high contrast screen. A few controllers for realtime editing, a few pads for drumming. In two versions, with and without a high quality audiocard built-in. And even better, foldable in half to fit it in a backpack.

If i had the time I would do a mockup in a 3D modelling software.

Yes! I don't know why someone hasn't come out with one. The Novation XioSynth looks good, but I don't need a synth and soundcard. I just want a good, solid MIDI controller that can fit on my desk without me having to push my monitor all the way back.

• Members

New Korg Oasys II

Roland 2 Super natural Boards

the Jupiter and Juno and Super natural B3 Board

Yamahas New Producer large sample format DVd Samples for the Motif Xs

Moog polyphonic Synth

Kursweil k3000

kawai announces its Ultimate piano Touch Controller with Poly After Touch

with better touch and Lighter than the MP8 II.

M-audio announces better Drivers for Products

• Members

I'm seeing a lot of talk about Cubase 5.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

4.5.2 was planned to be the last update according to a Steinberg employee, and then everyone ruined the thread by bitching about how they simply release a new version instead of fixing the old one.

Glad I jumped that ship after SX3 if I hear the crap some had to deal with.

• Members

I'm seeing a lot of talk about Cubase 5.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Unless there's a last minute change Cubase 5 WILL be announced. The only question is if it'll be known as "Cubase 5" or what new name they'll switch to?.. :)

If you're going to stick with Cubase, and want decent 64 bit support, then there's not going to be much option but to "upgrade". Steinbergs attitude towards its own customers is atrocious at times though, bordering on contempt. I will make it a point to spend some time with other DAW's before I commit down that path. It's a shame it also seems beyond Yamaha to kick their ass into shape in the bug fixing department before they ship new versions.. it's a "Cubase tradition" that needs to end.

Archived