NAMM 2009 Rumor Mill

bruto

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Im almost sure the PC3X series wont have any sampling option, its a marketing move from Kurzweil...

later they will come out with a "major" response to the Korg M3 and Roland Fantom's series by improving and releasing an updated K series board with lots of sampling memory and the whole nine yards , even a monitor edit output... usb etc etc... Im hoping for it :thu:

• Members

What is this VEGAS MODE you speak of?

Synths are either in powered down state or in VEGAS MODE ...

If a synth doesn't have VEGAS MODE it must have a COLORFUL FRONT PANEL ...

If it doesn't have a COLORFUL FRONT PANEL it is possibly a vintage Oberheim or Moog and the jury is still out on those ...

Perhaps you could take some pictures of NON-VEGAS MODE SYNTHS POWERED DOWN, ON THE GROUND, IN A GARDEN ...

(Pro Tip: To create an interesting D.E.W. effect, bring a spray bottle to your remote location to create the effect of a gentle rain ... )

ishackimagebc4.jpg

See how good it looks ... ??? Now YOU try ...

• Members

I just heard a rumor (shhh) that "Jordan Rudess will be performing on an exciting new ROLAND keyboard to be announced at NAMM."

Calm yourself, tonyrobbins. Don't hyperventilate.
:thu:

hmmm Don't know where you got that from but I know that he mainly be playing the Oasys. So, wouldn't it be strange if the same artist demo'd two instruments from different companys? :confused:

puravida

DJ

• Members

HC moderation 2.0 beta

list of bug fixes

-Members are no longer banned due to personal grudges from moderators

-All new function set where moderators now follow the rules

-New algorithm for figuring out proper ban lengths put forth, before the length made no sense and reflected personal grudges.

• Members

@GTI:

Yeah, I remember one time I was moderating a message board where I locked threads that disagreed with my decisions.

In all fairness, what I should have done then was leave the threads open -- the folks disagreeing with me were correct.

It's stupid to wield the mod button in anger, or assume your viewpoint is correct.

Subtlety can be hard for some to read on the internet, and intents hard to understand, especially when you already have personal issues with someone it's best to let the other moderator handle it or not bother at all.

We're all mostly adults, free discourse is a good thing, and it's not like it's the guitar forum. All of this is exceedingly tame.

The community members feed the board, you don't want to drive them away. A board is never about it's moderator.

• Members

I love the smell of NAMM in the morning! It smells like... victory!
:cool:

Indeed it does :)

Speaking of which, I'm psyched about this being posted on the Roland website:

topmic7.jpg

http://www.roland.com/products/en/AX-Synth/index.html

Kudos to Roland for finally listening and understanding there's a market and this is the time. :thu:

Here's another:

VP-770

topm1io1.jpg

Looks much better than the VP-550 cheap plastic look. This looks excellent.

Diametro, this is is the kind of synth makeover I'm talking about (like on the VS forum). :thu:

• Members

Rudess will probably be demoing the Roland V V Piano, and maybe the VSynth GT version 2. Of course, what everybody will really be waiting for him to do is that Ocarina demo. There were worries that he wouldn't be able to show up for that one after agreeing to demo that new Hybrid Trumbone/Piano instrument from the Piabone Company.

• Members

Speaking of which, I'm psyched about this being posted on the Roland website:

topmic7.jpg

Hell yeah. I don't think I'd ever use the onboard sounds in my band (need my fantom pianos and real strings, though if I ever start my power metal band it's a perfect all-in-one), and all that stuff I'm sure makes it heavier and more expensive than if it was left off, but it's bound to be cheaper than a used ax1 or 7 is right now. This might lower the demand and price of those too.

I was still almost hoping maudio or b-ear would make one for 300 bucks though.

• Members

Wait, now I can't tell. Is the AX a rompler, or is it a VA. 128 voices, it must be a rompler. That makes it even more hate-able to most of you guys.

In the huge picture I can barely read "guitar, organ, vocal, lead...". Rompler. Hope the sounds aren't crap, maybe I just cut my rig weight by fifty pounds.

• Members

hmmm Don't know where you got that from but I know that he mainly be playing the Oasys. So, wouldn't it be strange if the same artist demo'd two instruments from different companys?
:confused:

Check the Roland website. It say's he'll be demoing a product of theirs.

He's in demand as a product demonstrator for Moog (see his Little Phatty demos on Youtube), Korg, Kurzweill, Buchla, Haken, etc. not only because of his rockstar status, but also because he does a good job of explaining what each synth does, instead of just wanking off and not touching any knobs/sliders/etc.

Archived