NAMM 2009 Rumor Mill

bruto

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was really interested in Maschine but it only runs on Intel Macs. :( MPC it is then. Viva for timeless hardware.

Lets get on with Largo and the Blofeld Keyboard already! Also, the G-Media Oberheim softsynth.

The Big 3 have got me drowsy this NAMM. :bor:

• Members

Maybe the Big 3 are letting the "small dogs" go first so that their pending announcements are lost in a sea of buzz.

Well, we already know what Roland and Korg have presented. There's no buzz on the Korg or Yamaha synth web sites so I think they're passing this NAMM up.

NI's Maschine is the {censored} but I'm not getting a new computer anytime soon. I'll be using my PowerMac until it simply dies hard.

An MPC 2500 and a Blofeld KB will now be my mobile groove getup for some live shows with DJ's this year. I may replace Predator with Largo if it sounds good. I like the conservative CPU usage and the interface. I'm also on a white tip for my synths. :thu: Largo will run on my laptop. Predator barely runs within Live on my PowerMac. I'm always bouncing to an audio track with Predator.

• Members

I was wondering that myself. From my understanding the spec was VERY buggy in the past. I wonder if the issues have been fixed. Im willing to bet they have, its been so long.

I think drools is the only person here that can say one thing or another about it.

The Spectralis 1 current OS .97L is extremely stable. Possibly very old beta versions before that were buggy but it's been pretty rock stable for a long time. Too long. We are all waiting for the drop of OS 1.0 which is in final beta testing with a few trusted users and will also be the OS in Spectralis II. As everyone knows, the version # choices have been unfortunate as even though we have had a very full featured OS for a long time, it was never called 1.0 and a few buttons still had unimplemented features.

The good news is that what is in .99 beta, soon to be 1.0 is pretty spectacular and removes many of the reasons you could fault the unit. Most centering around external midi control in the studio both directions, realtime recording without stopping sequencer, realtime recording of knob and parameter tweaking, 2nd FX bank (Delay, Time based effects), much better sample management up to 2GB card with dynamically swapped samples, so not need to reload samples manually.

Both Spectralis I and II owners will benefit. And we are all on the edge of our seat.

• Members

While this is good, and Edgar makes it look cool...you all
DO
realize that playing a keytar makes you look like a total dork.

I mean, you all
DO
realize this yes? I hope so.

Goof .... real men don't give a {censored} what others think about how stuff looks!

Real men play keytars simply 'cause they want to! :thu:

• Members

Nothing from Korg on any Oasys updates..

Hey Vince,

I own an Oasys so I'm very irritated at no mention or anything going for the Oasys. but at Korg Forums a day or two back Dan the Korg Product Manager said

Hi all,

As has been mentioned, updates are often not timed to match trade shows such as NAMM.

Note also that OASYS was introduced four years ago. Over those four years, we've done the following:

added STR-1

added the MS-20EX and PolysixEX

added the MOD-7

added EXs3

increased polyphony

doubled the maximum physical RAM

added lossless compression of PCM ROM and EXs

updated KARMA

released over a thousand new sounds

added the Gate to the AMS Mixer

added the EXi Audio Input

added Chord Mode

added Max # of Notes

added polyphonic unison

added smoothing for Tone Adjust & edits from the display, for analog, stairstep-free operation with many more parameters

added the ability to change EXs without restarting

and more...

...and, we're still working. As usual, I can't say any more at this time.

- Dan

So I do find some hope in these words...maybe something in the future? :confused:

but I will always love the machine!:thu:

puravida

DJ

• Members

.... Still no word on Celemony Melodyne
:cry:
:cry: Come on Celemony, someone tell me it is so.

Melodyne Editor (replacement for Melodyne Plugin) should be available shortly. Melodyne Studio (multitrack) is gonna be another nine months or so.

The code was allegedly rebuilt from scratch to accommodate the new DNA engine. That's why it's taking so long.

• Members
Lets get on with Largo and the Blofeld Keyboard already! Also, the G-Media Oberheim softsynth.

If the big hardware surprise of this NAMM was Korg easing off on certain announcements, then the software one was no Gmedia Oberheim! Instead they "borrowed" some of the ideas (no code sharing though) for it and put them in Imposcar 2 instead. That includes the simulated polyphonic portamento glide in unison mode, the demo of which made me think it was likely to be SOB. Still means it can do a good impression of the unison portamento glide of an Oberheim, with different timings between the voices. Unfortunately that seems to be as far as it goes (no true individual per voice parameter tuning) and leaves open to question if their Obie emulation will ever happen now.. I'm guessing not. Bit disappointing either way, although Imposcar 2 does look like a nice improvement on the first one. At least FXPansion DCam looks like being pretty good :)

• Members

If the big hardware surprise of this NAMM was Korg easing off on certain announcements, then the software one was no Gmedia Oberheim! Instead they "borrowed" some of the ideas (no code sharing though) for it and put them in Imposcar 2 instead. That includes the simulated polyphonic portamento glide in unison mode, the demo of which made me think it was likely to be SOB. Still means it can do a good impression of the unison portamento glide of an Oberheim, with different timings between the voices. Unfortunately that seems to be as far as it goes (no true individual per voice parameter tuning) and leaves open to question if their Obie emulation will ever happen now.. I'm guessing not. Bit disappointing either way, although Imposcar 2 does look like a nice improvement on the first one. At least FXPansion DCam looks like being pretty good
:)

My guess is that Gibson didn't give up the rights or an agreement couldn't be made with the Oberheim name so they implemented the tech in an ImpOSCar upgrade.

We'll probably never see that OB softsynth. :(

• Members

HC moderation 2.0 beta

list of bug fixes

-Members are no longer banned due to personal grudges from moderators

-All new function set where moderators now follow the rules

-New algorithm for figuring out proper ban lengths put forth, before the length made no sense and reflected personal grudges.

So, how long is he banned for? This banning is ripping this whole forum apart.

Archived