Which band started the separate clean and dirty vocalists fad?

p00n

• Members

How many times must this be clarified?

Those bands aren't screamo or hardcore. At all.

Screamo - Pg.99, orchid, saetia, mohinder. Stuff like that.

Hardcore - massive genre. Everything from Bad Brains to Refused to a whole bunch of other bands.

Scenecore - bands who looked up genres on myspace and started calling their band whatever sounded cool.

I hate this trend, too, by the way. I hate the silly fake screaming. If you're going to scream, yell, shout... actually do it, that's the point of it.

Fugazi is good.

• Members

The first bands I heard doing it were early emo (the offshoot of hardcore, not the {censored} they call emo nowadays) bands in the mid/late 90's. Rites of Spring, Fugazi, etc. These bands usually did it in a pretty organic way, the songs weren't split into scream parts and sing parts.

It was also popularized with every nu-metal band ever. I think these were the first bands to really start doing the 2-in-1 songs where you have the sappy singing part for all the girls and the screaming {censored} for all the fat kids wanting to mosh.

• Members

The first bands I heard doing it were early emo (the offshoot of hardcore, not the {censored} they call emo nowadays) bands in the mid/late 90's. Rites of Spring, Fugazi, etc. These bands usually did it in a pretty organic way, the songs weren't split into scream parts and sing parts.

It was also popularized with every nu-metal band ever. I think these were the first bands to really start doing the 2-in-1 songs where you have the sappy singing part for all the girls and the screaming {censored} for all the fat kids wanting to mosh.

There's people on this board who listen to Rites Of Spring!?!

Faith restored.

• Members

Everyone's having fun except him.

The moral of this story is taking a girl out while being a Jesus freak bump on a log she'll get nailed by one of your friends that likes to party.
:idk:

I thought the moral of the story is that alcohol makes slutty girls with gratuitous chest pieces bang the guy at the party with the biggest plugs. They're like homing beacons for intoxicated skanks in heat

Archived