I take back every bad thing I've said about the Carbon Copy

OMTerria

• Members

:love:

The one I tried before was clearly broken. This thing is beautiful. Dark in a very nice, warm way with a sorta subtle, pretty modulated tone. I've only ever ran my Brigadier on the bright side, I'll have to change that and see if I can cop the same vibe

• Members

I don't know why people hate it...it's a lot of delicious soup for the buck.

For sure! I bet it would be great pre dirt as well. I can't see any reason to get a Memory Boy/Toy over this unless you absolutely cannot spend any more money or if it's imparitive to have readily adjusted modulation, even if it means a big sacrifice in quality

• Members

not sure if mine is different but the self osc starts REALLY early on (reg around 11-12)

i love the sound of it though, sits nice in the background or can stand out for normal delays really well, meaning you can actually hear the repeats well if you are doing some more rhythmatic stuff

i did mess with the internal mod d&r and pretty much went back to where it was stock. of course i am getting older

• Members

not sure if mine is different but the self osc starts REALLY early on (reg around 11-12)

i love the sound of it though, sits nice in the background or can stand out for normal delays really well, meaning you can actually hear the repeats well if you are doing some more rhythmatic stuff

i did mess with the internal mod d&r and pretty much went back to where it was stock. of course i am getting older

Yeah mine seems to self-oscillate pretty early too. I figured with it being analog it might be hard to get the controls to be exactly the same on every unit. I just keep the knob low and find tones I like.

• Members

funny about the tap tempo thing, i've been a staunch supporter of it for a long time.

the CC has really freed me from this thinking. i know exactly where stuff lies on the time knob, so i can just bend down, turn it a little and forget about it. i like not being 100% in sync with absolutely everything. that sound got old to me about 2 years ago.

• Members

Yeah mine seems to self-oscillate pretty early too. I figured with it being analog it might be hard to get the controls to be exactly the same on every unit. I just keep the knob low and find tones I like.

well i mean the oscillations depend on your delay time acting with your regen...increase the delay time or decrease the regen to get it stop oscillating

Archived