Badlands fuzz, a big muff I finally love. clip inside

zygoat

• Members

This thing is down with the sickness, love love love it. I never got along with big muffs until now, although I guess it's not a typical big muff as it uses germanium transistors and the mids aren't as scooped. Check out this short clip with a fender esquire and Carr rambler at fairly low volume. Also got a Ring Thing in there.

http://soundcloud.com/dehumach777/badlands-clip

• Members

Thanks bros, yeah this pedal records really well, just so smooth. I got the double montgomery appliances assault with the So Much Devastation by its side, that one is a bit harder to dial in, I'm thinking it will be easier at louder volumes. Pretty sure the SMD needs to be loud to really shine.

Loobs it's in drop D, yeah and we need to get the jams going eventually.

• Members

Oh thanks man. I might try to work a song out of this, it's pretty sloppy and off time right now but the tone is there fo sho.

The Ring Thing is incredible, still trying to figure out how it works. I used the Moog ring mod before but I still don't quite understand how all the controls interact with one another, I just kinda turn the knobs around until it works with whatever I'm playing. The Ring Thing is so much more than the Moog though! In addition to normal ring mod sounds, you can get chorus, tremolo, phaser and vibe sounds, whammy-like pitch shifting (that's how I use it here) and harmonies which are polyphonic.

So far my favorite use for it is with an expression pedal, I can "pedal in" a deep eerie chorus/detune sound, works good for throwing that into ringing notes in the middle of a clean passage. There was some setting I found tonight that sounds like a flute, it's crazy. Like the notes are little angel breaths or something, hah.

BTW, if anyone knows how to use the expression pedal to go from light tremolo to washy ring modded noise, please tell me how.

Also plan on throwing it in the effects loop of my Analogman delay so I can put ring mod on the repeats, works nice for playing rhythmic delay-ish stuff in whatever key/note you set the ring mod to. And with the polyphonic harmony thing I'll be able to pull off that sound I did with the HOG and moog delay, probably won't be as good but whatever.

Archived