The Johnny Marr Jag is gorgeous

Loobs

• Members

Damn, I got major GAS now.

Jags arent for everyone mate, I have owned 5 vintage Jags and never been able to bond with them.. the scale perhaps, dunno. Love LOVE LOVE Jazzmasters however.

In a separate Marr interview he says, and I am paraphrasing here "the players plays Teles and Strats but Jags are tougher, they play you"...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, seems like a really well thought out design, not just the typical "slap his name on" type deal. Very, very cool guitar.

agree. i'd be really interested to hear the new pickup switching options. and how reversing the polarity affects teh toanz.

• Members

I think the reason we get a really nice spec'd guitar with stock mods not seen before and such an in depth video is because Marr actually likes guitars like HCFX likes effects.

With the J. Mascis Fender just copied the specs from guitars he was already using (jumbo frets and a tune-o-matic) and the Thurston and Lee Jazzmasters were desgined by Sonic Youth's guitar tech, I don't think they really care about the details as long as it plays good ;p

• Members

I wish they had that nice of a video for the J Mascis JM.

That'd actually be kinda funny, because if it were anything like the interview I read of him back when his signature jazzmaster came out, he was pretty much the opposite about it as Johnny Marr. Not a word-for-word quote, but pretty much his answer when they asked him if he'd actually play the production signature model:

"I'd have to make a bunch of adjustments, but I guess I could play it if they wanted me to" :)

So that pretty much comfirms his sig jazzmaster was a typical case of "let's slap someone's name on it, make some minor changes and sell it for more than it's really worth".

I'm normally not into short scales, but if money weren't an object, I'd get that Johnny Marr jag in a heart beat. It's insane really, but FINALLY a new jag/jm that comes with a mustang bridge! I think the SY sig models come with mastery bridges though, which is even better I guess.

Archived