Playing Guitar is Fun

Operator

• Members

You guys play guitar right? Today I woke up and made a pot of coffee and played guitar. I have a very cheap First Act telecaster-type guitar that was given to me, and I plugged it into a POD and played for a few hours. I had a really good time. I liked playing all kinds of riffs and then changing the sound and then playing more riffs. I have some effects pedals, so I played with some spring reverb and also a bunch of fuzz pedals, some of which are inexpensive, some of which are not, and I had fun with all of them.

I have fun playing guitar.

• Members

Playing guitar is
way
better than talking about it.

Sometimes, when my hands get tired, or I'm at work and there's no guitar there, I'm still thinking about guitar and music and sounds, so I think that's a good time to talk about it. :)

• Members

First time I've played my tele at home properly in god knows how long today. Only played for about an hour tops but still it was nice, barely touched the few pedals that I now have. Did my Grade 8 stuff and for a change it didn't feel like a hassle.

Made some starts on some new songs for the band I'm starting up, my friend told me he'd quit his {censored}ty band last night and was wanting to start something with me and my best friend so that's great news for me. Just gotta kick on with {censored} though man.

• Members

I love playing my Fibson, sometimes I don't even plug in, just play it sitting on the sofa watching netflix. It is so pleasurable to noodle around, even without pedals and amp and such.

Totally. I come up with kinda cool stuff while noodling in front of the TV; don't know why.

• Members

I like to try and learn Chet Atkins songs, because it keeps my picking fingers so busy. I can't play them well, but I like the feeling.

Also, recently, when I'm just noodling I like to think I'm making a movie soundtrack. Or just look out my window and try to make music that sounds like what I'm seeing.

Guitar, music, great stuff.

:cool:

• Members

I like to try and learn Chet Atkins songs, because it keeps my picking fingers so busy. I can't play them well, but I like the feeling.

Chet Atkins songs are awesome. Dude knew what feels and sounds good. I've had that Chester and Lester CD playing in my car for a long time.

• Members

I played guitar this morning with some coffee too. Played some this afternoon too. Very loudly too. First time I really cranked up my AC15 with my new SG. Hardly even needed any drive pedals either. Although a bit more gain from the SuperDrive really was giving me some heavy tones. I think I might need some ear plugs when I turn it up that loud, but it was fun. Playing guitar is fun!

Archived