Beware Toxicpedals

k tone

• Members

This is what I think has happened: GMD has posted that video, and seems to have accidentally come up with a better cover-up story than FB could have ever come up with. And now they are trying to capitalise on that. OH LOOK AT THIS VIDEO, THIS MEANS WE ARE INNOCENT!

:facepalm:

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

FREEKISH BLUES (FB) DOES NOT HAVE ANY RELATIONSHIP WITH JOYO..... AGAIN LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL DESIGNS....
NOT A JOYO
or ANY RELATIONSHIP WITH JOYO

The response to this whole fiasco on TGP, verbatim:

"I will reiterate what I mentioned on The Gear Page previously......."This is my response to this matter, We have been dealing with the copying issue for over 3 years now with our overseas board & housing manufacturer. We have tried to deal with them to stop sharing our circuits (8 in total) but it has been very difficult and costly. I hope all understand.... it has not been easy for me and Freekish Blues. We will be manufacturing our boards in the U.S.A eventually because of this issue and costs. Because of sunken costs we must currently continue through our overseas manufacturer. Our designs were distributed long ago from our overseas supplier and used for many pedals that are out on the market today and we knew that long ago."

First you claimed the manufacturer gave your designs to Joyo. Now, not a Joyo.

If you're gonna lie stick to one lie.

I don't even know why I'm having this discussion. You're never going to admit to what you did, even though the hard evidence is well out there. Your own statements run back-and-forth like crazy. It just makes you look worse. We're trying to do you a favor by letting you admit your wrongdoings so that everybody can just move along and let you do your thing.

And again, we're not talking about the Alpha Drive 2. We're talking about the original Alpha Drive.

So, here's an idea. You can either say something like "Yes, I took these pedals and scammed people into thinking they were something different. It was wrong, and I am truly sorry."

OR something that will never happen, if you are so adamant about proving your innocence, actually prove it. That GMD video proves jack, by the way.

Post a time-lapse video of you assembling a "USA Custom Shop" pedal.

Better yet, if you really designed the pedals, let us see the Gerber files. If you designed them, surely, you have them.

• Members

The response to this whole fiasco on TGP, verbatim:

"I will reiterate what I mentioned on The Gear Page previously......."This is my response to this matter, We have been dealing with the copying issue for over 3 years now with our overseas board & housing manufacturer. We have tried to deal with them to stop sharing our circuits (8 in total) but it has been very difficult and costly. I hope all understand.... it has not been easy for me and Freekish Blues. We will be manufacturing our boards in the U.S.A eventually because of this issue and costs. Because of sunken costs we must currently continue through our overseas manufacturer. Our designs were distributed long ago from our overseas supplier and used for many pedals that are out on the market today and we knew that long ago."

First you claimed the manufacturer gave your designs to Joyo. Now, not a Joyo.

If you're gonna lie stick to one lie.

I don't even know why I'm having this discussion. You're never going to admit to what you did, even though the hard evidence is well out there. Your own statements run back-and-forth like crazy. It just makes you look worse. We're trying to do you a favor by letting you admit your wrongdoings so that everybody can just move along and let you do your thing.

And again, we're not talking about the Alpha Drive 2. We're talking about the original Alpha Drive.

So, here's an idea. You can either say something like "Yes, I took these pedals and scammed people into thinking they were something different. It was wrong, and I am truly sorry."

OR something that will never happen, if you are so adamant about proving your innocence, actually prove it. That GMD video proves jack, by the way.

Post a time-lapse video of you assembling a "USA Custom Shop" pedal.

Better yet, if you really designed the pedals, let us see the Gerber files. If you designed them, surely, you have them.

ANSWER=

NOT A JOYO....

USA CUSTOM SHOP ALPHA DRIVE II+...... AHHHHHHHHHHH

• Members

This Ken guy trolls his own YouTube promo vids the same way he is doing right here on this thread. The scam he perpetrated is obvious. The games he is playing right now are obvious. The story he told about selling his company and his constant referencing of lawyers and "the truth" is really sad.

At least his spelling seems to have gotten better?

salesman-724994.jpg

• Members

Looked at the Toy Room Effects website, all I saw was pics of their construction methods and they did not look anything like the Freekish blues stuff. Some of the stuff with the vero board was just downright ugly. What is the pricing on their products?

email me rather than hijack such a noble mans thread.

• Members

this guy is funny. Ok, so apparently all of the gutshots are "doctored". But which gutshots exactly? The Joyo's? The Alpha's? The Alpha II? i don't get it. The only explanation that would make ANY sense from this guy's standpoint (if we'd assume for a second that he is really in the right :facepalm:) is that the Joyo V1 gutshot is doctored, and the only Joyo in existance ever ever has been the V2.

here again a direct comparison. Note that the alpha II gut is coming straight from Ken himself. I included a description which is which because for the apparent reasons it's a little difficult to tell the difference :facepalm:
joyoalphadrive.jpg

Now it's an independent design and you are not affiliated with nor purchased and modified anything coming from joyo, you got the pcb made somewhere else and populated or populated it yourself right? :lol:

edit: I also found the following, apparently there were some alpha drive I versions that were modded from the Joyo V2
Joyo-FreekishBluespedal002.jpg
source: TGP

Archived