saw St. Vincent last night...

|||||

• Members

and for a four piece band i couldn't believe some of the sounds they were producing. the only piece of the band that lacked i thought were the drums. i'm not sure if he couldn't improvise or just didn't want to. either way, flawless show. annie's fuzz was absolutely HUGE sounding (i'm guessing mastotron)! :love:

• Members

and for a four piece band i couldn't believe some of the sounds they were producing. the only piece of the band that lacked i thought were the drums. i'm not sure if he couldn't improvise or just didn't want to. either way, flawless show. annie's fuzz was absolutely HUGE sounding (i'm guessing mastotron)!
:love:

yeah, she don't cut corners nor shave the fuzz for toan, that's fer sure.

Was she playing that Harmony Bobkat?

Love that girl....she understands that pickup harmonics are at the root of the tone tree.

• Members

I saw them on the Actor tour, they are indeed amazing live. I kinda wished they didn't rewrite every song to be completely different though... not sure if they still do that but it would have been nice to hear at least a couple tracks in a form that I knew.

I love when bands do this, it makes the show a unique experience, separate from the record.

This thread made me put on Strange Mercy while cooking huevos rancheros.

• Members

yeah, she don't cut corners nor shave the fuzz for toan, that's fer sure.

Was she playing that Harmony Bobkat?

Love that girl....she understands that pickup harmonics are at the root of the tone tree.

Yeah, she played mostly from the newest record. SG for 'Northern Lights' (I think it's in an open tuning), Hagstrom w/capo for Surgeon and the Bobkat for everything else. She was playing through a Musicman 115B (for the longest time I just thought it was one of the RD112's) and another strange looking combo which you can see sort of in this picture:

Bj6u5.jpg

• Members

I don't like her shorts. Can't see any camel toe.

& check out the old lady hands

Nice legs & hair though.

Really have nothing to add to this. I came in primarily to see if you meant you saw the ghost of the real St. Vincent, who I only know was a St. because of the local junk store named after him. My Dad was raised Catholic, my Mom raised Lutheran but basically raised me nondenominational. Left our presby church when I was 6 or so, didn't go to church again til I was 16, & it was a weird nondenominational church that we left because of their anti-semitism as well as their doctrine & general uptightness.

Archived