3 Monkeys Orangutan

• Members

It does sound kind of awesome. I also enjoy that it has its own look going on, and that rather than blatantly straight up copying some other classic amp's circuit they seem to have smushed a few different classic concepts into one spot. Some Vox, some oldschool Fender, etc... Plus, no fragile tube types in the preamp, and one of my favorites in the power section: 6V6s.

On the pricy side, but at least brings some interesting {censored} to the table for all the money they want for it.

• Members

I swear Greg V can make anything sound amazing, and props to Andy for busting out 'Sick As A Dog'.

Neither of those demos showed off the reverb circuit very well, I wonder why? It's a pretty prominent feature.

reminds me that davy jones is dead.
:(

I lol'd.

• Members

Sounds great. Love GregV. Although I will say, and I've listened to a bunch of his demos, while I love his playing style, and maybe the amps are similar, everything sort of sounds the same to me. Tasty for sure, but all pretty similar.

Whereas Andy, maybe not as tasty, but his demo's often show off very different styles of play, different genres, etc. Both great players, love watching/hearing both of them.

• Members

Sounds great. Love GregV. Although I will say, and I've listened to a bunch of his demos, while I love his playing style, and maybe the amps are similar, everything sort of sounds the same to me. Tasty for sure, but all pretty similar.

Completely agree. But to be fair, he seems to have a penchant for similar-ish 6V6 amps.

• Members

Completely agree. But to be fair, he seems to have a penchant for similar-ish 6V6 amps.

Yeah, similar amps for sure. I've watched demos of this amp, the Reeves, the Tugsten Crema Wheat, all sound good, all sound pretty similar.

Archived