Bad Trade?

Califa

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What, apart from insisting on them shipping first

Then don't trade, don't trade and then expect the other person to take 100% of the risk

Noooo. I don't go and say ship it first. I just wait until i get the PM saying it's shipped, then i walk 2 seconds down my street to the post office.

It's nice having a post office 15 feet away.

• Members

I never ship it out unless we both agree on the same date....no excuses(plus i wait until people say they shipped first)

I tend to do this as well and do not see a problem with it.

If it is Tuesday and a person I am trading with says "I will ship it Express this Friday" I will not run out and ship it Express on the Tuesday so that he gets my pedal before he ships. I don't really need a confirmation # but I tend to hold off until the date that he is going to send and ship as well. Most people are cool with it.

• Members

Noooo. I don't go and say ship it first. I just wait until i get the PM saying it's shipped, then i walk 2 seconds down my street to the post office.

the problem is, you do that, they do that, and then you both sit there with your thumbs up your asses waiting for the other to say they've shipped the pedal. then you both get pissed and start a thread saying "OMG I DID A TRADE AND THEY NEVER SHIPPED THE PEDAL BUT IT'S OK BECAUSE I DIDN'T SHIP MINE YET EITHER BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT THEY SHOULD HAVE FIRST AND I WOULD HAVE SENT MINE RIGHT AWAY SO IT'S NOT MY FAULT".

• Members

Eh I usually ship as soon as an agreement is made. I don't want to be labeled as the douche that takes forever to ship. Granted they should have a few posts and nothing sketchy comes up when I search their username. I've probably traded over fitty pedlols here with no problems yet.

• Members

the problem is, you do that, they do that, and then you both sit there with your thumbs up your asses waiting for the other to say they've shipped the pedal. then you both get pissed and start a thread saying "OMG I DID A TRADE AND THEY NEVER SHIPPED THE PEDAL BUT IT'S OK BECAUSE I DIDN'T SHIP MINE YET EITHER BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT THEY SHOULD HAVE FIRST AND I WOULD HAVE SENT MINE RIGHT AWAY SO IT'S NOT MY FAULT".

What...where do you guys gets these scenarios from? I've never had this happen the 15 times i've traded.

You know, {censored} this place. I'm done.

• Members

I never ship it out unless we both agree on the same date....no excuses(plus i wait until people say they shipped first)

That's what I do.. in fact.. I demand a shipping confirmation and I don't ship untill I get that.

Well.. it depends.. if the dude has high post counts.. then I usually ship ASAP.. but low post count..

Some might question my actions.. but I've been screwed twice trading with low post count forumites.

I'm sorry.. but I'm not in the business of loosing money.

• Members

What...where do you guys gets these scenarios from? I've never had this happen the 15 times i've traded.

You know, {censored} this place. I'm done.

hey man, chill. all I (and others) are saying is that if everyone took your "wait til they've confirmed shipping so I don't get burned" approach, then it would be a standoff with nobody shipping anything. and that sucks. get it?

• Members

Same here, my office is right next to the post office on one side, and a guitar store on the other, too damn convenient :) The couple of times I've done a trade, I make sure we agree when we ship, and to confirm via pm. As soon as i see their pm, and confirmation number, I run out and ship mine. I think I've only done 1-2 trades, and if it was with someone I was pretty familiar with here, then I wouldn't worry. But for those unknown to me, if you want to trade, I'll make sure you ship first, then I will waste not a moment in getting your package to you. Works fine to me too.

Archived