My Bloody Valentine remasters news... unreleased tracks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frankly "Isn't Anything" could always have sounded better as a recording, and I do really like the music on it. Very interested if they could make that sound better. I'll be getting the EP collection for the the singles and b-sides and because I can't find the "You Made Me Realise" EP anywhere.

I'm skeptical of a "better" mix of "Loveless." I'll probably get it, though.

• Members

Saw them in Pomona on their reunion tour. My ears/testes are still ringing/tingling. Can't wait for this.

where'd they play in inland empire? I saw them in santa monica in october 2008 and LA 2009 just before coachella festival that year w/ the cure headlining. But Pomona?:eek:

Furthermore Someone at the shows(from goldenvoice or LA Weekly) told me they were going to compile a bunch of live footage to release a dvd. Something like this would be special:

[video=youtube;3DEnwUAzPG4]

• Members

Furthermore Someone at the shows(from goldenvoice or LA Weekly) told me they were going to compile a bunch of live footage to release a dvd. Something like this would be special:

After the first time I saw that To Here Knows When video, that's exactly what I was expecting, maybe not so much a "tour" video, but at least a complete vid of one of their bigger shows would've been awesome. Do you by any chance know/remember the names of the two opening acts that played in Santa Monica, I remember the first one was this girl, and then this band came out that were pretty trippy and cool, but none of their names were on the ticket.

• Members

Sure, the girl was Gemma Hayes(supposedly an Irish musician recently moved to LA):

[video=youtube;D3P6cNpYrN0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3P6cNpYrN0

The trippy band was Spectrum belonging to Sonic Boom(aka Peter Kember) of past seminal Spacemen 3 fame(practically help invent most of this music along with Jesus and mary chain). Spacemen 3 came very close to being signed to Creation Records as well early on but flopped. Spectrum always seems to play the US every year on short tour. Must have seen Sonic at least 8 times. Sometimes he uses past members of Spacemen 3(bass player and drummer).

Sonic Boom's cohort Jason Pierce's band Spiritualized have a new album coming out I believe and they are set to play LA in May.

Last I heard "Kev" was in a relationship with the lovely lead singer of Le Volume Courbe:

[video=youtube;Eu2vF1q1fLA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu2vF1q1fLA

• Members

The records are classics but honestly I could care {censored}ing less about the remasters... The sound of those records is iconic and they no doubt added all types of modern day compression and cleaned them up and {censored}ing them up in the process.

Hear {censored}ing hear, man (sic). Remastering albums 30 years later is like dropping Dali's paintings into Photoshop to tidy them up. {censored} that {censored}.

• Members

Im a fanboi, i dont give a {censored}, and i'll give kevin my money so he can keep on doing nothing.

Now Fender, where is MBV's candy apple red or burgundy mist model due?

I don't normally have an interest in sig models, but a Kevin Shields/Bilinda Butcher signature Jazzmaster would be something I would definitely look into.

• Members

Personally, I think the highly-compressed production works brilliantly for that album and for the sound of that album. It sort of makes the individual tracks less distinguishable from each other so they merge into one big sonic sandblast.

But that doesn't mean I'm not excited to hear it in a different way :)

• Members

I have no question it was intentional and I have a huge amount of respect for what they were doing and what they went on to influence. But listening to that album makes my ears physically tired

I agree wholeheartedly. As much as most modern music is compressed now, that particular album for me just makes me ears exhausted more than most things i listen to now.

Archived