My Bloody Valentine remasters news... unreleased tracks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The records are classics but honestly I could care {censored}ing less about the remasters... The sound of those records is iconic and they no doubt added all types of modern day compression and cleaned them up and {censored}ing them up in the process.

Keep unreleased tunes, delete the rest. problem solved.

But I also agree. A large part of any album's sound is the time that it was recorded, and the methods used at the time. My only tiny gripe about that album is that I have to turn up the volume on my car. And, as a hiphop head, I could always use a bit more bass.

• Members

The records are classics but honestly I could care {censored}ing less about the remasters... The sound of those records is iconic and they no doubt added all types of modern day compression and cleaned them up and {censored}ing them up in the process.

I can definitely see your point here SAL.

But unreleased tracks and a chance to hear a great record in a different way? Sign me up. Did you listen to the Beatles remasters? Amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvK3Trbs8QU

I mean, the mono remasters have become my favorite way of listening to The Beatles. Maybe these new remasters of Loveless will be the same way.

• Members

I'm usually in this camp concerning remasters in general. But this is a rare instance where I'm actually really eager to hear the outcome. In 1991 I was 21, and I had an advance radio promo copy of Loveless that didn't leave my CD player for weeks. I remember telling my friends that we'd still be listening to these recordings 20 years later. They laughed at the idea. So I'm ready to hear this album again with a pair of fresher ears so to speak.

• Members

I'm usually in this camp concerning remasters in general. But this is a rare instance where I'm actually really eager to hear the outcome. In 1991 I was 21, and I had an advance radio promo copy of
Loveless
that didn't leave my CD player for weeks. I remember telling my friends that we'd still be listening to these recordings 20 years later. They laughed at the idea. So I'm ready to hear this album again with a pair of fresher ears so to speak.

This. My older brother thought the cd player was faulty...

• Members

Totally with SAL in regards to how modern mastering will change the "classic-ness" of the albums. I am mostly just hoping for a 180g vinyl release, as my OG "Loveless" and "You Made Me Realise" wax are paper thin and suffering the ravages of age.

Archived