I mean, he does use an Engl.

amarr1

• Members

Either:

1. This guy is older and still living at home without a job, but has an ENGL and spends all of his time dicking around and playing guitar. Mom has a point.

2. Kid is in high school and parents bought him an ENGL. Now mom is bitching because kid doesn't have a job and spends all of his time dicking around an playing guitar. Mom is an obnoxious asshole.

The beginning of the video said he'd been home two days on vacation from school at the start.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It wouldn't matter if it was model trains or cross stitching, that's just...such an unenlightened parenting style and pedagogy. Mom's got her own issues she needs to work through, but probably doesn't have the self-awareness to realize that the problem she has with her son's hobby and the "stupid" way kids live today is rooted within her.

Kinda what I was thinking.. I mean.. jeez.. it's a hobby.

Is he still in highschool? If he is done with school and still living with his parents then I might understand a little.. but.. jeez.. it's highschool.. has the rest of his life to work and turn into a grumpy person like his mother.

• Members

I don`t agree with his mom, but if what she said is true he is a nerd...When I bought an electric guitar I started a band, we got a rehersal space and that was that. It was almost where we lived, I came home to sleep and shower so I wouldn`t have to listen to that kinda crap. That was in high school...then I went to college and here I am.

I`m finding out more and more that this forum is mostly sub 20 kids.

I'm guessing you're not a great guitar player.

I just don't get it.. how do you think some of these great musicians got so good? Because they f'd around all day with their instrument locked in a room!!!!

• Members

I just don't get it.. how do you think some of these great musicians got so good? Because they f'd around all day with their instrument locked in a room!!!!

WHAT A BUNCH OF STUPID NERDS THOUGH RIGHT

• Members

No, by no means I`m a great guitar player but guess what...90% of kids on this forums is even worse than me. But I have a band that plays only original music and plays about 5 shows a month.

• Members

WHAT A BUNCH OF STUPID NERDS THOUGH RIGHT

Yeah like Eddie Van Halen pretty much locked himself in his room through out highschool playing his guitar. Then he started a musical revolution and got more {censored} than God. And God gets a lot of poon.

• Members

What you're looking at isn't his indifference, but him trying to distract himself from hearing his own mother call him and his life completely worthless. Listen to how his tone of voice changes from the beginning to when he tries to continue.

Yep, the silence you hear is him breaking and then burying it down deep. I know that one all too well and it's pretty hard to watch. Denial in process

Archived