I mean, he does use an Engl.

amarr1

• Members

But sound incredible.

i dont think so... playd invader, special edition, fireball.... tried different cabs, etc. there is always a hole in the highmids... and the cleans are kind of special steril imo. Same if i listen to other Engl players live. But i liked the Engl in the Studio for productions..

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My Diezel is kinda of the same way. It doesn't have the high mid content to cut that great. Sounds awesome on its own and I suspect it would sound great recorded but in a live mix, it just doesn't work for me. I wish it worked for me because it's an awesome amp with a great feature set. My OD100 and CEC Brigand work much nicer in the mix and cut when I want them so the Diezel is up on the chopping block.

• Members

My Diezel is kinda of the same way. It doesn't have the high mid content to cut that great. Sounds awesome on its own and I suspect it would sound great recorded but in a live mix, it just doesn't work for me. I wish it worked for me because it's an awesome amp with a great feature set. My OD100 and CEC Brigand work much nicer in the mix and cut when I want them so the Diezel is up on the chopping block.

thats intressting. i playd some Diezels at the studio and loved this amps... i try to save money for a new amp (ampless at the moment :cry: ) and Diezel is beside Rivera and a Axe Fx II on my list.... But i guess i'll end with a fractal cause i need something for the homestudio too.

• Members

The VH4 might cut better than the Hagen and Herbert. Never played one in anything other than a music store. Axe II is cool. Feels pretty much like a real amp and the amp models certainly sound good, if not exact. The Fender and Vox models have this goofy low end that I've found pretty much every modeler to have though. The mid-high gain stuff on the other hand is all really cool. Usually use the Cameron model when I'm screwing around. I'm using mine as an FX processor in my main rig ATM and for late night practicing/writing/recording though so I'm wildly underutilizing the amp modeling. :lol:

• Members

The VH4 might cut better than the Hagen and Herbert. Never played one in anything other than a music store. Axe II is cool. Feels pretty much like a real amp and the amp models certainly sound good, if not exact. The Fender and Vox models have this goofy low end that I've found pretty much every modeler to have though. The mid-high gain stuff on the other hand is all really cool. Usually use the Cameron model when I'm screwing around. I'm using mine as an FX processor in my main rig ATM and for late night practicing/writing/recording though so I'm wildly underutilizing the amp modeling. :lol:

• Members
The VH4 might cut better than the Hagen and Herbert. Never played one in anything other than a music store. Axe II is cool. Feels pretty much like a real amp and the amp models certainly sound good, if not exact. The Fender and Vox models have this goofy low end that I've found pretty much every modeler to have though. The mid-high gain stuff on the other hand is all really cool. Usually use the Cameron model when I'm screwing around. I'm using mine as an FX processor in my main rig ATM and for late night practicing/writing/recording though so I'm wildly underutilizing the amp modeling.
:lol:

Archived