I met a Nazi yesterday.

Ryan.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If anyone's interested a great look into the workings of the German army during WWII is Panzer Commander by Co. Hans von Luck. He came from an old military family and served under Rommel in Africa and then on the eastern front where he was captured by Russians after the war and was interned in a gulag for about a decade before being allowed to go home.

The stories he tells are fantastic; like how deep in the Sahara he made a gentleman's agreement with the British commander he was opposite to stop the war at 5pm every day. When one of his officers captured a British patrol he let them go as they were captured at half-past-five, and he ransomed one British officer for half a million cigarrettes - and got them :lol:

• Members

im amused you use this as an opportunity to slam fox while mentioning that incident. it was fox that edited the 911 tape to purposely make it a national race relations crisis, right?

Actually, it was NBC. A completely different organization.

• Members

Do you know there's difference between a nazi and a German who served for his country in WWII?

Yes the nazi party had its own troops (SS, etc.) but the wehrmacht, the regular army, was not a political organisation. The upper echelons may have been filled with party members, but the regular troops and even some high ranking officers, Rommel for one, were military men or ordinary guys conscripted into the army.

You might as well say that someone is a Republican if they were in the army during Bush's invasion of Iraq.

This

• Members

I'm Jewish but I was very good friends with a man who was an SS paratrooper. He ended up being selectman of Sharon, MA (a heavily Jewish population). He passed away a few years ago but wrote a fantastic book about his life. Hearing about what life was like for the Germans who were not Nazis during that time was always frightening and I can not imagine going through that as either a Jew or a German. The whole Hitler Youth thing, all of that. It just doesn't even seem like something that could have actually happened.

http://www.amazon.com/Boy-Without-Toys-Adolf-Arnold/dp/1571971572/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334084908&sr=8-1

The people I really have a hatred for are the people like certain POS mods here on HC who like to post dressed up like Hitler or the Neo-Nazi young idiots. It's very disturbing to think that mindset is still around these days. I honestly feel sorry for those clowns.

• Members

Growing up in the wilds of southwest Ohio, I worked on the next door neighbor's farm. The old farmer was a WW2 vet, did his time in Europe. He told me a lot of stories before he died. He lost a few drivers to gun fire. Once, the shooter was a Nazi Youth. It greatly disturbed him that kids were being brain-washed into that sort of action.

• Members

The people I really have a hatred for are the people like certain POS mods here on HC who like to post dressed up like Hitler or the Neo-Nazi young idiots. It's very disturbing to think that mindset is still around these days. I honestly feel sorry for those clowns.

What?

• Members

The people I really have a hatred for are the people like certain
POS mods here on HC
who like to post dressed up like Hitler or the Neo-Nazi young idiots. It's very disturbing to think that mindset is still around these days. I honestly feel sorry for those clowns.

who does this?

Archived