Why have I not thought of this before?!

OMTerria

• Members

My guitar cable is clearly long enough to reach my chair :idea::love:

I post while dicking around pretty often, but my brain never made the leap to sitting down at my desk while holding the guitar. I'm stuck with whatever settings I'm on of course (unless I want to set up the pedals under my desk, but that seems a bit excessive when they're literally three feet away from me). Currently enjoying some Deus Ex, Micro Chorus, and Memory Lane Jr.

• Members

I use and old kitchen table chair my parents used to use for my desk, so its armless (and I sit on a pillow, how cool right?). I've got the strap on but I have really terrible posture so I could probably do without it and just balance it between my chest and arm. I've never played while watching TV before, but I bet it would be a good way to work some more practice in. I could use it :lol:

• Members
I've never played while watching TV before, but I bet it would be a good way to work some more practice in. I could use it
:lol:

Seriously? Not sure whether this is a sign that I come from a whole other generation or that you've never really lived. I'm not sure I'd call idle guitar derping in front of the TV "practice", mind you...

• Members

Yeah, I guess it depends on what you consider practice and what you're doing. I wouldn't do it while watching Boardwalk Empire or something, but something you can tune in and out of (as I tried earlier) is pretty cool. I'd also agree indie derping isn't practice but it's pretty cool to be able to do mindless excersises while doing something else. But really, as long as you're challenging yourself more playing can never be a bad thing, yeah?

• Members

My laptop is usually situated five feet away from my amp, so I could probably post in the midst of playing pretty easily, but I figure if I have time to play guitar, why waste any of it on this forum?

Good point, but I'd you have time to post here why not be playing right? Kill two birds with one stone and double your fun in the process.

• Members

Good point, but I'd you have time to post here why not be playing right? Kill two birds with one stone and double your fun in the process.

because when I post here, I'm either at work or my daughter is sleeping, otherwise I'd just be playing

• Members

It sounds like the time George Costanza found a way to have sex and eat a pastrami sandwich at the same time.

don't forget the 'while watching tv"

the "TRIFECTA"

great post, i always use the term trifecta due to that episode

Archived