Vox AC15C1

echodeluxe

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Classic 50 is way better than that {censored}. Way better.

The Classic 50 is, well, a classic amp IMO. Great clean tones, grinds nicely, and they didn't cost a fortune. They turned out to be reasonably reliable and aren't terribly hard to work on either... but like the man said, if it's too much amp for the gig, or too heavy for someone with a bad back to move around, it may no longer be the "right" amp for that particular player.

• Members

I have one and love it! Works well with my OCD and TS9DX. The amp has soooooo much treble, though....kinda hurts the ears sometimes.

Funny, I run mine with the Tone Cut all the way off and I don't get this at all. Maybe I'm deaf.

• Members

ive had my ac15c1 for a few months and i absolutely love it. its true, it does not handle pedals that well, but you dont really need any od/drive pedals with it ive found. between your volume knob and the two channels you have a lot of options to go from light od to crunch. i always play it pretty dirty tho, i run it stereo with a jc120 and switch to that for cleans.

• Members

I've had one for a year and a half or so now. I love it. I just picked up a handwired AC30 though, so I don't know if I'll be keeping it or not.

The handwired is like a different amp... it takes pedals so well.. and just sounds soo.. heavenly.. it sounds very boutique for not being boutique.

• Members

yeah i have played one. they are really nice. just hilariously overpriced.

my girlfriend even said "woah" when i plugged into the ac15. its just so good.

Considering if you wanted a similar sound.. you'd probably be forking out well over $2000... I think the handwired series are priced just right. Especially if you get the greenback version.. which I like over the blue.

I got my ac15HW for $1200.. I also played around with a few other amps that sounded similar.. some dr z's.. morgan's... yea.. $1200 is a good price compared to other amps that sound like it.

• Members

Nice! I just got mine last Saturday and I'm loving it so far. It's been a kind of dream amp for me for a while now, and I saw one in a local store and couldn't leave without buying it haha. How are you liking your's?

Looks lovely! I'm loving it too. I'm amazed at how rich and full it sounds. Takes pedals really well, have been recording with it. I got mine direct from Korg UK as an ex demo model, it sounds like the speakers are broken in. One things that amazed me are how the master volume bypass makes a real difference, it's like the tone gets more open and clear when you flick it. I'd always assumed that having a master volume at max was the same as it not being there. Also the 15 watt mode doesn't sound terrible, I'd assumed it would. Makes just the right amount of difference to the volume that I think it's gonna be a godsend on those gigs where the sound man tells me to turn down.

Here's a pic;

AC30hw.jpg

• Members

Looks lovely! I'm loving it too. I'm amazed at how rich and full it sounds. Takes pedals really well, have been recording with it. I got mine direct from Korg UK as an ex demo model, it sounds like the speakers are broken in. One things that amazed me are how the master volume bypass makes a real difference, it's like the tone gets more open and clear when you flick it. I'd always assumed that having a master volume at max was the same as it not being there.

I always have the master off.. sounds sooo much better. I'm also surprised how much gain is on tap when you bypass the tone controls a little.. (hot mode)

I always go from playing a ac15c1 at a venue and going home to play my ac15hw. It's amazing how well the amp does take pedals. The timmy and '70 fuzz sounds like butt on the c1.. but sounds incredible on the handwired.

the more I talk about the c1 the more I realize how much I hate it..

• Members

I want the HW version too, and I'll get one someday, maybe when/if I get the job promotion I should get some day/year. Meanwhile my AC15c1 does pretty good for me, and it takes my pedals well. I've taken the time though to get ones that played well with it. As far as being too trebly, when I use the Pharaoh with the ac15c1, I find I need any extra treble that's available. I can use a tele on the bridge pickup, high end on the Pharaoh turned up most of the way, and it's just about right. I wouldn't want a darker amp really. I do have separate pedals for both the tremolo and reverb, and they are a noticeable improvement. I'm tempted to try the new AC4c1 some time too. Top boost channel with 4w, and separate tone controls sounds good to me.

Archived