de ar ph il do yo ut hi nk we co ul dh av ea th re ad ju st fo rc on tr ov er si al

Ryan.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure that most HCFXers really want to know what's happening. Like the police brutality in the US.

Here's Fullerton police beating to death a homeless mentally ill man, while he is apologizing to them. 2 officers were charged today (I doubt they'll be convicted).:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/09/11623321-2-fullerton-calif-officers-ordered-to-stand-trial-in-death-of-beaten-homeless-man?lite

Last week, a grand jury decided not to charge officers in New York who killed an elderly man in his home after responding to a call from the guy's Life Alert system. He didn't want the police to enter his home, and was afraid they'd kill him. They did both:

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/5/4/family_of_kenneth_chamberlain_sr_seeks

And while North Carolina showed its prejudice against homosexuals, it showed its support for the 1%, by allowing police to harass protestors at Bank of America's shareholders meeting:

"In North Carolina, protesters gearing up for actions against Bank of America at the company

• Members

there are plenty of fine cops. not all of them are scumbags looking to stir up {censored}, some actually are out there to serve and protect.

bad {censored} happens everywhere, i guarantee you the police brutality is much much worse in Russia, other eastern european countries, in south america, africa, asia...

• Members

I'm not sure that most HCFXers really want to know what's happening. Like the police brutality in the US.

Here's Fullerton police beating to death a homeless mentally ill man, while he is apologizing to them. 2 officers were charged today (I doubt they'll be convicted).:

It's quite the ugly country we got going on if you look past the corporate media.

Thats unspeakable. Those pigs oughta fry for that {censored}. And black people think police brutality only happens to them. If those pigs get aquitted everyone in Fullerton should riot.

• Members

Yeah, it should be named after somewhere people go to talk about things otherwise forbidden - like One Eyed Jack's or something.

I was thinking it was a shame yesterday when it goes to PP, and so all the HCFXers abandon ship. I wasn't really up for chat with the political rant farm crowd.

• Members

there are plenty of fine cops. not all of them are scumbags looking to stir up {censored}, some actually are out there to serve and protect.

It doesn't count for {censored} if they're not prepared to report the rotten ones and hold them accountable.

• Members

bad {censored} happens everywhere, i guarantee you the police brutality is much much worse in Russia, other eastern european countries, in south america, africa, asia...

I totally take your point, but that is no excuse for anything. Political corruption in the UK's relatively minor compared to a lot of other countries, that doesn't mean we just put up with it.

• Members

I totally take your point, but that is no excuse for anything. Political corruption in the UK's relatively minor compared to a lot of other countries, that doesn't mean we just put up with it.

We at least make them take turns being corrupt wankers!

• Members

As your Drug Czar, I urge you to take political action now:

"Tell your representatives: End the assault on medical marijuana!

In the next few days -- possibly today -- the U.S. House of Representatives will be voting on an amendment that could finally end the federal assault on medical marijuana. Tell your representatives to support this legislation today!"

https://secure2.convio.net/dpa/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&page=UserAction&id=829&autologin=true

• Members

As your Drug Czar, I urge you to take political action now:

"Tell your representatives: End the assault on medical marijuana!

In the next few days -- possibly today -- the U.S. House of Representatives will be voting on an amendment that could finally end the federal assault on medical marijuana. Tell your representatives to support this legislation today!"

{censored} man. legalize them all.

• Members

{censored} man. legalize them all.

That would create some problems. Libertarian psychiatrist, Thomas Szasz, addresses the legalization issue quite articulately. One point he makes is that if recreational, illegal drugs were made legal (for any adult to purchase), that would also require all the prescription drugs to be legalized without a prescription or doctors' monitoring. Some drugs are pretty risking, and have significant side effects, and a small ratio between the effective dose and a lethal (or harmful) dose.

5107NV4H34L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Members

I wouldn't mind having to go and speak to a doctor before being given a permit to buy one kind of recreational drug or another. A psych analysis, a check you're in good health and not going to react badly, etc... It's not like I'd have a problem paying for that either.

Archived