OT: Jeff Tweedy SG on sale

LSDis4me

• Members

There is something about the extra piece of plastic above the neck pickup I don't like... It does not match up to the pickguard seamlessly, and the extra screws suck. It also looks off balance the way the trem bar hangs out and the 1/2 pickguard.

04.jpg

• Members

I love my Gibson SG, great instrument. Glad I got it used. I like Pelham blue, but on an SG I pretty much like only the classic vintage cherry or maybe an off white. Black is ok too. But anything else, and I don't really dig it. I do like that vibrola on it though.

• Members

There is something about the extra piece of plastic above the neck pickup I don't like... It does not match up to the pickguard seamlessly, and the extra screws suck. It also looks off balance the way the trem bar hangs out and the 1/2 pickguard.

that sure is nitpicky. i mean, i think the guitar is pure sex, and not because tweedy's name is on it. ive always liked pelham blue, and the vibrola is so great. im not a big sg guy, but if i were to get an sg at some point, it would most liely be very similar to tweedy's. dude has taste.

also, knock it off with that white period {censored}. its literally unfunny.

• Members

that sure is nitpicky. i mean, i think the guitar is pure sex, and not because tweedy's name is on it. ive always liked pelham blue, and the vibrola is so great. im not a big sg guy, but if i were to get an sg at some point, it would most liely be very similar to tweedy's. dude has taste.

also, knock it off with that white period {censored}. its literally unfunny.

I have 2 sg specials. Cherry red, gloss nitro finish. I like the look of the full pickguard, one piece, and cherry red better...like this one:

Gibson70SG_Special901991_2.jpg

Although I like the chrome tailpiece. See how the pickguard area by the neck isn't broken into pieces and peppered with screws. I still like the Tweedy though.

Also the trem and tailpiece are not crooked and off balance.

I am the internet.

• Members

oh im sorry, i didnt realize. my bad.

yeah i get your preference for the full guard. i on the other hand dig the half guard. i think its pretty rad looking.

I agree with you as well... the tWEEDy SG is definitely a nice guitar.

Thank you for respecting my greatness.

Archived