pink sparkle strat paintjob

• Members

just the first coat, i had to sand out some runs and it's too dark to finish now so i'll do it tomorrow but i have a neck that i'll paint the headstock to match. the flash of the camera made the color quite different from rl but i'm super stoked

402789_471884289491170_2092095383_n.jpg

after another can and a half:

382415_472058379473761_814950430_n.jpg

532370_472058039473795_587801248_n.jpg

still a little thin in a few places but i'll touch it up today. i have glitter spray sealer i'll use but i think i'll end up using something else when i finish this one can

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
  • Members

I'd say no tort or pearl. You already have a busy texture in the sparkle and another different busy texture would clash with it. Sort of like wearing plaid and paisley at the same time. I'd go with a solid color.

• Members

just the first coat, i had to sand out some runs and it's too dark to finish now so i'll do it tomorrow but i have a neck that i'll paint the headstock to match. the flash of the camera made the color quite different from rl but i'm super stoked

Love love love.

Will be great to see the finished product on a nice sunny day. MY mind is also thinking of a parchment or nice and shiny mother-of-toilet guard!

• Members

I'd say no tort or pearl. You already have a busy texture in the sparkle and another different busy texture would clash with it. Sort of like wearing plaid and paisley at the same time. I'd go with a solid color.

Yup, it would be too loud.

Clean it up with a solid color. Like a mint green. the greenest mint green you can find.

• Members

i just did my strat up in orange sparkle, headcap and all. yours looks pretty good so far...you should've taped up that neck pocket, though.. i'd say something green might look decent with pink sparkle.

i'll tape the pocket before i do any more layers, thanks for the advice! post some pics of your guitar! orange sparkle sounds sweet

• Members

i posted a thread about it.. here ya go!

also, you'll want to spray the living hell out of it with sealer or you'll have glitter rubbing off everywhere!

wow looks great! i'll definitely seal it a ton, it looks like you ran into trouble trying to use a brush to put the sparkles on, the stuff i'm using is 7 bucks from walmart in the craft section and it's starting to look really good. i think sealing it and polishing it are going to be the only tough parts, painting it has been surprisingly easy

• Members

wow looks great! i'll definitely seal it a ton, it looks like you ran into trouble trying to use a brush to put the sparkles on, the stuff i'm using is 7 bucks from walmart in the craft section and it's starting to look really good. i think sealing it and polishing it are going to be the only tough parts, painting it has been surprisingly easy

yeah, i gave up on the brush and used orange sparkle spray paint. i actually think it's easier than doing a solid color...you can hide the flaws easier. haha

Archived