Hagstrom Swede

echodeluxe

• Members

IDK. I mean, I know that they are not doing good financially and have been redoing their stores and inventory to try to fix that. I have a hard time believing they're making huge overhead selling the stuff that Walmart and Target and has too.

But if they're devoting floor space to Hagstrom guitars maybe they're trying to be a niche place instead of trying to push starcasters and casios. That'd make them more worthwhile to me than anything else they sell...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

target sells really low quality first act. same with walmart i think. best buy isnt competing with them in mi sales. best buy actually carries legit stuff like gibson and fender guitars, fender amps, boss, digitech, mxr, dunlop pedals, etc...

• Members

IDK. I mean, I know that they are not doing good financially and have been redoing their stores and inventory to try to fix that. I have a hard time believing they're making huge overhead selling the stuff that Walmart and Target and has too.

But if they're devoting floor space to Hagstrom guitars maybe they're trying to be a niche place instead of trying to push starcasters and casios. That'd make them more worthwhile to me than anything else they sell...

A friend of mine, who was a Best Buy employee, told me they were working on expanding the musical instrument selection in all stores. Mind you this was a year or two ago, but still. If you look on the website they have a lot more than Starcasters and Casios. Some locations have these things in store and last I heard they were trying to expand that department elsewhere as well.

• Members

You can usually find b-stock ones on eBay for like $350 because of some slight discoloration in the material they use to make the fretboard. They're new and come with the warranty but they sell them cheaper do to the slight cosmetic issue. Something to consider if you're looking to save a few bucks. :)

Archived