Does a coily cable exist which doesn't dramatically change tone?

Loobs

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm never going to be famous, and putting tape over the logos on my amps has nothing to do with anything so silly.

Oh, was that you in the picture? I wasn't talking about you. Also I like you and you can be sure that what I said, I said in jest.

• Members

I'm never going to be famous, and putting tape over the logos on my amps has nothing to do with anything so silly.

Let's assume for a minute that I have no clue why anyone would black tape over the logos on their amp. Is there a thread you can point me to should not wish to explain it again? I have apparently missed something.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I have one of the Fender ones and it really adds a lot of mids and makes the guitar sound way less open and more nasal, it's weird. It works with some guitars/amps but not with most. Is there one out there which sounds a lot more neutral?

Pretty spot on, about the Fender cable. My Club Royale doesn't pair up well, with it.

I have an old school, real deal, no name coil cable. It takes some treble, but seems to leave mids and bass alone.

Sorry, this doesn't help much.

Archived