Favorite Guitar Ever thread.

TravvyBear

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im pretty sure 76

Is the serial number on the headstock, or the neck plate? They switched it to the headstock circa 1978. The serial number can actually date the guitar fairly closely - you may need to use a website tool to do it if the number's on the neck plate. The first digit of a headstock decal was intended to stipulate the year (S8XXXX being a 78 s/n), but it didn't quite work out that way in every case. Anyway, I thought I saw something under the Fender logo on the headstock, which is why I was thinking late 70s.

http://www.guitardaterproject.org/fender.aspx

Either way, that's an absolutely gorgeous guitar Riley. :cool: Is it heavy?

• Members

I could get behind this in a BIG way if it had the 60s slim profile neck and a maestro vibrato on it. I love the way non-reverse Firebirds look!
:love:

I agree with the 60's slim taper neck profile but screw the maestro vibrato. I'd take it the way it is too but that 60's slim taper is my favorite profile.

I think my very favorite electric of all time that I've had is my '92 LP Special 2. I love everything about that guitar.

4232436676_f3da6b88c6_b.jpg

tomiancarbondriver by theecricket, on Flickr

That and my Hill Hillster just feel right to my hands.

4356556511_38de7669c4.jpg

Outpost kent ohio by theecricket, on Flickr

• Members
I could get behind this in a BIG way if it had the 60s slim profile neck and a maestro vibrato on it. I love the way non-reverse Firebirds look!
:love:

I'm pretty sure the current model actually does have the 60's slim taper. And a vibrato shouldn't be too hard to install...

• Members
Is the serial number on the headstock, or the neck plate? They switched it to the headstock circa 1978. The serial number can actually date the guitar fairly closely - you may need to use a website tool to do it if the number's on the neck plate. The first digit of a headstock decal was intended to stipulate the year (S8XXXX being a 78 s/n), but it didn't quite work out that way in every case. Anyway, I thought I saw something under the Fender logo on the headstock, which is why I was thinking late 70s.

http://www.guitardaterproject.org/fender.aspx

Either way, that's an absolutely gorgeous guitar Riley.
:cool:
Is it heavy?

yeah the serial # is on the neck plate ... link agrees it's a '76. it is fairly heavy, which i like (seems to sustain better, but maybe thats just my impression) :cool: but not, like, les paul heavy haha. probably 6 or 7 lbs.

thanks for the compliments. i do enjoy it. the pickups (which were pretty weak) have been replaced with texas specials. so now it's cowboy kosher :p

Archived