Got stung in the throat

RoboPimp

• Members

At least he got a chance to bite you on the way out.

Nah, Close call! It's freak accidents like that that can be a disadter, but glad you're ok dude.

On a backpacking trip I was hiking through Rochester, MN and as i'm lifting a leg to get over a short barbed wire fence, I get attacked by at least 3 hornets.

One stung the side of my neck, one got my waist and one got my leg.

I ran the fastest I have ever ran (with 50 lbs on my back) on the side of the highway to the nearest nature center which had ice and helped me out.

But yeah never in my life have I felt more adrenaline. What a rush.

lol that sucks! but yeah you will never forget that trip eh.

Fun Fact: a poultice of baking soda or meat tenderizer can help reduce the effects of bee stings

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How do you swallow a bee? I can understand getting the bee in your mouth but wouldn't you think, "hey, this isn't a beverage in my mouth, I better spit it out." It's because of people like you that we can't have Kinder Eggs in this country.

08_kinder_egg.jpg

I agree, I can only blame the fact that I was not in a proper state of mind at the time. lol, it was a long weekend

• Members

Lighten up. Robo can take a joke...he sure can dish it out.

I live on a 200 acre property and we have an apiary with millions and millions of bees. We produces 1000's of pounds of honey every season.

The wasp and stinger would be broken down digested by stomach acids like any other protein in the stomach. He will be fine.

I think I might have even acquired bee super powers

• Members

yeap, left my drink unattended for a bit on the weekend and a yellowjacket went in for a sip. A sudden wave of crushing thirst hit me and I grabbed the can and slammed down a gulp - along with the hornet. He got me in the throat on the way down tho.

Quick thinking saved my life tho as I rapidly slammed a good draw off some quality corn likker and figured that would either kill him or make him drunk or something and it definitely helped my own state of mind.

now I'm just hoping he doesn't sting me on the way out.

hope your colon is true bypass

• Members

yellow jackets aint no joke and im allergic, apparently. i got bit in the arm like 3 weeks ago and still have a bump on my arm. my face started swell up, my arm was all burny and {censored}, etc.

later i went outside, found their nest (the size of a {censored}ing baskeball) underground, doused it with gasoline, sprayed an entire can of wasp and hornet killer in the hole, and filled it with seven dust. covered the whole thing with a moving blanket.

yellow jackets- 1, DPB- 1 BILLION.

• Members

yellow jackets aint no joke and im allergic, apparently. i got bit in the arm like 3 weeks ago and still have a bump on my arm. my face started swell up, my arm was all burny and {censored}, etc.

later i went outside, found their nest (the size of a {censored}ing baskeball) underground, doused it with gasoline, sprayed an entire can of wasp and hornet killer in the hole, and filled it with seven dust. covered the whole thing with a moving blanket.

yellow jackets- 1, DPB-
1 BILLION

lol

• Members

Mr. Burns: Smithers? What's the meaning of this slacking off?

Smithers: Uh, there's a bee in my eye, sir.

Mr. Burns: And...

Smithers: Uh, I'm allergic to bee stings. They cause me to uh... die.

Mr. Burns: But we're running out of forward momentum!

Smithers: Um, perhaps you could pedal for just a little while, sir?

Mr. Burns: Quite impossible. I could try to bat him off if you like.

Smithers: Uh, really that's no--(Burns swats at the bee) Aaaaaaaaaugh!

Archived