Line 6 M9, but I don't really need the looper?

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

Ah, I see....A and B for top and bottom row of switches.

Listened to some demos at lunch...........:idk: not really impressed. The dirt tones are crap, but I'd bypass those anyway.

They sounded similar to the 4 button series of modeling pedals (DL4 FM4 etc)....which I haven't liked very much. Sort of 2 dimensional, or too extreme.

It would however reduce the size of my pedalboard, and I could use it to change my channels via MIDI.

(note: the Boss GTs do this too. As does the Nova System)

The GTs have a loop too....so I can insert my own dirt pedals. or run the 4 cable method.

• Members
Ah, I see....A and B for top and bottom row of switches.

Listened to some demos at lunch...........
:idk:
not really impressed. The dirt tones are crap, but I'd bypass those anyway.

They sounded similar to the 4 button series of modeling pedals (DL4 FM4 etc)....which I haven't liked very much. Sort of 2 dimensional, or too extreme.

It would however reduce the size of my pedalboard, and I could use it to change my channels via MIDI.

(note: the Boss GTs do this too. As does the Nova System)

The GTs have a loop too....so I can insert my own dirt pedals. or run the 4 cable method.

M9 dirt is pretty good.

• Members

modulation/compression/reverb on the m9 are all great. dirt has some passable models. delays are nice for tap tempo stuff but ultimately not incredible sounding, they're nearly identical to the DL4. there's also a ton of great synthy stuff and ring mods.

• Members
well {censored} dude. i have no use for half of the software that came on my computer. doesnt mean i shouldn't buy a computer!

My bad in the first place, as I thought those footswitches were dedicated to looper only.

I thought, that's {censored}ing stupid! :D

Now that I know I was stupid, it's definitely more appealing.

The only thing holding me back is that I can't run some effects out front and some in the loop.

I never used to care, until I put my delay and reverb through the loop. :love:
It's great! I can not have a total wash of reverb and delay, but yet have the effect still be prominent. :thu:

Archived