He's gonna jump

Pedaltones

• Members

{censored} was nuts! when he entered that crazy spin 30 seconds or so into the jump for a good while i thought for sure hes going to pass out, together with his heavy breathing. could see him spinning hard on the IR cam. somehow he pulled right out of it once he entered denser air amazing really

the world needs to do more {censored} like this for science. send Robo to mars already damnit! the martians need to get a taste of his personality

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by macadood View Post
{censored} was nuts! when he entered that crazy spin 30 seconds or so into the jump for a good while i thought for sure hes going to pass out, together with his heavy breathing. could see him spinning hard on the IR cam. somehow he pulled right out of it once he entered denser air amazing really

the world needs to do more {censored} like this for science. send Robo to mars already damnit! the martians need to get a taste of his personality
That was what scared me too. As I was watching that crazy spinning I thought there was no way he was going to make it out of that. I was so pumped once he regained control though. That was crazy to watch.

• Members

How long was he in the spin? ...I hear that 30 seconds at 5 G's is enough to syncope a non-Valsalvo'd human. And I don't think he could Valsalvo in a laid-out, skydiving position.

so cool that he survived.

What's the over/under on the Grand Opening date for the Vegas ride?

Seat belt is off. I imagine watching this will make me sweatier and more wigged out than that 2000' antenna repair video.

Anything above the first 100' is likely to kill you... ;)

That antenna video is, to me, more harrowing. The 128'k jump took serious guts, no doubt about it. But that WAS the mission - jump, and survive. You've got a crew in support, a ton of money, a high tech space suit, an adviser who has been there / done that 50 years ago. Pull it off, and you get fame and glory and your name in the record books. The guys fixing the antennas generally have no parachute, and they're thousands of feet in the air, with very little support, and the job is to NOT fall off... and at the same time, fix the high tech piece of electronics that isn't working right. The reward? Pull it off and you get to live... and you get to keep your job for another day. :lol:

• Members

After the event I agree Phil. Sometimes I force myself to watch that antenna video because it really physically effects me. I am panting and sweating a minute in. Skydiving is nervy but in the end you never have to do it again. Those antenna guys are as close to the metal and edge as one could be and they do it every day.

In any case I have recently become aware of a humongous fear of unprotected heights. Even building up high in minecraft makes me sweat. This never used to happen..

Archived