$175 and an empty spot on my board...

delayed delay

• Members

...maybe a vibrato pedal? Or I'm also thinking of a MicroPog. I don't feel like I need an octave pedal for much, but I'm a HUGE James Duke fan, and I know he uses one a lot, and I tend to gravitate towards his playing style... Plus I've heard how awesome the MicroPog is for years and never tried one.

I've also thought about getting a docking station for my iPad so I can do some small demos/recordings... So yeah...

Thoughts?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Elephantine

View Post

Vibrato pedal would be a lot more versatile than a pog. A pog is kind of a one-trick pony.

True. But I honestly have it in mind for really one or 2 settings, so the MicroPog wouldn't be much different in that regard.

Whatever I get, I'd like to stick it in the loop of the Timeline.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

micro pog is the only pedal i bought as soon as it came out, like i was in the know or something.

wish i never sold that mother. but you're right. its so awesome, but so mostly useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldoe

View Post

thou salt not dis the octaves

I would like to know... What purposes do an octave pedal serve in a live setting, besides ethereal volume swells? I've just never really understood the application before... Maybe in the form of a fuzz pedal, but I feel like that's more of a pseudo effect anyway.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by delayed delay

View Post

I would like to know... What purposes do an octave pedal serve in a live setting, besides ethereal volume swells? I've just never really understood the application before... Maybe in the form of a fuzz pedal, but I feel like that's more of a pseudo effect anyway.

depends on the music you play. I use it for lower octave stuff - beefs up chords, or use the octave up for similar stuff - 12 string emulation.

I've also been doing this tapping type sort of playing with almost 100% wet delay that sounds cool. I also like it for regular tapping stuff.

I think a of people just assume its for organ swells and thats it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by delayed delay

View Post

depends on the music you play. I use it for lower octave stuff - beefs up chords, or use the octave up for similar stuff - 12 string emulation.

I've also been doing this tapping type sort of playing with almost 100% wet delay that sounds cool.

I think a of people just assume its for organ swells and thats it.

• Members

Yeah echorec and supa coming out soon, if you really want to spend now get a supernatural, a montavillian (ghost blem sale FTW) or save up for a Diamond Quantum Leap.

I've been pretty well set with delay for about a year and a half (since the TL's release)... Even though the Supa puss looks pretty sweet.

• Members

Dly DLY , what other playing technics do you know BESIDES ambient volume swells? Do you just play volume swells? Like swell sounding volumes? Are you wanna those babes that like has the looper play the whole song while he is tap dancing pedal to pedal , playing more with his feet than his hands? (This looks utterly beyond stupid btw) ;)

Archived