OT: NHL not on? Fine with me...

Jisatsu

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Reauchambeau

View Post

yeah, even though I played and have watched the NHL since I was 4, I dont give a {censored}. as long as Gary Bettman is commissioner, they could fold the league for all I care.

Agreed. I wish the players would seriously pool together and start their own league. It wouldn't be hard. I'm sick of the NHL. It's pretty bad when the only good hockey is in eastern europe these days.

• Members

Dear god the KHL is horrible. Absolute dog {censored} hockey.

The NHLPA needs to man up, take it up the ass like everyone knows they're going to, and get the season started on Dec. 1.

I'm already tired of watching the subway super series and ahl action.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Jisatsu

View Post

Agreed. I wish the players would seriously pool together and start their own league. It wouldn't be hard. I'm sick of the NHL. It's pretty bad when the only good hockey is in eastern europe these days.

the players hate Bettman and want him out, it's sad that this mans ego is controlling the league. Bettman has ruined the game by trying to force it down the throat of southern american markets that will never give a {censored} about hockey, ever.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74 View Post
Dear god the KHL is horrible. Absolute dog {censored} hockey.

The NHLPA needs to man up, take it up the ass like everyone knows they're going to, and get the season started on Dec. 1.

I'm already tired of watching the subway super series and ahl action.
I think they should do the opposite and {censored} the league and owners up financially for the whole season. the onwers and Bettman are a disgusting group.

• Members

A bunch of rich people arguing with a bunch of rich people over how much richer that each wishes to be, while millions go to bed hungry, sleeping on the street. Shut the heck up and play the game, you bunch of out-of-touch rich bastards. Besides, I believe that if the NHL disappeared from the USA, the current fans would be distraught, but it wouldn't have much effect on the economy. NFL, NASCAR, MLB, NBA. Those are the Big 4. Soccer has more fans and support than the NHL.

• Members

Bettman's not really the problem per se. He just does whatever the owners want to do. From what I've heard, there's only about half dozen owners that want to play hardball and the rest of them want to make a deal. So yea, there's 6-8 guys forcing Bettman to destroy the season to take money out of the contracts they willingly signed with players beforehand and to parse out the language of what constitutes as money made from hockey to look like they don't actually make money from hockey.

"yea, so all those {censored}ing beer ads in this taxpayer funded hockey arena put up to advertise to hockey fans during hockey games so I can make money? Yea that money I made isn't technically from hockey. Better burn the contract I agreed to give you last year"

Most of these dudes aren't hockey guys at all. They're billionaires that buy sports teams as vanity projects and don't care if they run everything into the ground. If the NHL disappears people like Ted Leonsis or Jeremy Jacobs will not give {censored}s all the way back to their 'real companies' were they were making their original fortunes with.

I honestly wouldn't blame the players if they all want to Russia and never came back.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Reauchambeau View Post
the players hate Bettman and want him out, it's sad that this mans ego is controlling the league. Bettman has ruined the game by trying to force it down the throat of southern american markets that will never give a {censored} about hockey, ever.
icon_lol.gif no

The players may hate him, but Bettman works for the owners and as reported a week or so ago- there are 8 owners that are keeping this lockout going. Only a few players (cough Ryan Suter cough) have been smart/dumb enough to actually criticize who's more to blame for this mess- the owners and their ridiculous spending. The rest of the players just spit the same union line and {censored} on Gary and that's Gary's job here- to be the focal point of blame even though he's not.

And yeah, the league should contract by 6 teams. But as much as Bettman doesn't want to see that happen- the players union wants it even less. Cut 6 teams and there go a whole {censored} load of jobs. Neither side would be in favor of contraction, therefore both sides are dumb on that subject.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by caeman View Post
A bunch of rich people arguing with a bunch of rich people over how much richer that each wishes to be, while millions go to bed hungry, sleeping on the street. Shut the heck up and play the game, you bunch of out-of-touch rich bastards. Besides, I believe that if the NHL disappeared from the USA, the current fans would be distraught, but it wouldn't have much effect on the economy. NFL, NASCAR, MLB, NBA. Those are the Big 4. Soccer has more fans and support than the NHL.
dig
poor millionaires
waaaaa

• Members

on the other I am happy I am not going to pay taxes to subsidize millionaire players and a billionaire owner here on Long Island.

Don't worry those taxes will find a good home in civil service employee pensions, and overexpansion of govt service and workers.

Archived