H&M thread

Lou Speed

• Members

How do you feel about H&M? I'm not sure how to feel about them. They're sorta OK but sorta lame. Their products are fairly inexpensive but can also be sort of crappy. All the stuff I've got from them is cheap in both senses of the word. I did get an awesome pair of bellbottoms from them, so that's sort of cool. Jennifer Herrema modeled for them so that's pretty cool.

Too lazy to find a better pic but I guess that's Jennifer in the back there.

tumblr_m69c2r9Cf71r4uyx3o1_1280.jpg

• Members

I really love H&M. It's fill the niche for affordable clothes that aren't tailored (no pun intended) to fat people or are "american cut". it seems that almost everything has a stupid graphic on it, a thousand unnecessary pockets or those little flaps on their shoulders. And the stuff that is a little less ostentatious is like $50-$100 a shirt at the j-crew/bananarepublic/llbean type stores where I can find an almost exact copy for $15.

To be fair, I am in no way a fashionista as I grew up blue collar/teetering on the edge of white trash so I'm used to 1. hand-me-downs 2. k-mart and 3. wearing the same clothes from high school until 2-3 years ago when I paid off my student loans. As you can tell I'm only versed in mall-brand clothing as I don't know where else to go and I don't buy clothes often so I don't care much to seek out new places so there may be better places.

Anyway, I bought my first suit (at 27) a couple months ago from them and with a coupon it was ~$150, fit really well and I got a lot of compliments on it at the wedding I was at. Quality seems good too although for some of their other clothes it can be lacking. Haven't tried their jeans though as I just wear Levis (which I dont buy anymore because they have a lifetime warranty).

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by MrChrisos View Post
I keep seeing Lana Del Ray H&M posters everywhere.

Can't help but think - Dad's a billionaire, colour me surprised that this is her clothes shop of choice.
Yeah the LDR posters kinda irritated me but I got over it as soon as I walked past it.

When I do buy clothes I seem to buy mostly from them, just because they're cheap. I don't want t shirts with some print on it that every other guy has so I've just been buying plain shirts as of late.

I really need some more jeans but they've always been hit & miss with me.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitardustin View Post
It's where I purchase all my deep V's and skinny jeans. And the occasional colorful scarf.
I just purchase regular jeans and wash them hot/hot and extra long in the dryer.

That and put on weight. Instand "skinny" jeans.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by bananashotgun View Post
I really love H&M. It's fill the niche for affordable clothes that aren't tailored (no pun intended) to fat people or are "american cut". it seems that almost everything has a stupid graphic on it, a thousand unnecessary pockets or those little flaps on their shoulders. And the stuff that is a little less ostentatious is like $50-$100 a shirt at the j-crew/bananarepublic/llbean type stores where I can find an almost exact copy for $15.

To be fair, I am in no way a fashionista as I grew up blue collar/teetering on the edge of white trash so I'm used to 1. hand-me-downs 2. k-mart and 3. wearing the same clothes from high school until 2-3 years ago when I paid off my student loans. As you can tell I'm only versed in mall-brand clothing as I don't know where else to go and I don't buy clothes often so I don't care much to seek out new places so there may be better places.
This.

I do agree on the 'you get what you pay for' and I'm starting to get bored with how badly the button downs will wrinkle on you and how much stuff fades out within a year of wearing it. However, the one near me always has a great clearance section so I'm never paying more than 15-20 for a lot of the stuff I get there.

The only thing I truly hate about this place is that all of the pants are button fly. I can't think of a logical reason why. It can't be making the jeans cheaper to manufacture, and I don't think anyone in America prefers button flies to zippers.

• Members

This.

I do agree on the 'you get what you pay for' and I'm starting to get bored with how badly the button downs will wrinkle on you and how much stuff fades out within a year of wearing it. However, the one near me always has a great clearance section so I'm never paying more than 15-20 for a lot of the stuff I get there.

The only thing I truly hate about this place is that all of the pants are button fly. I can't think of a logical reason why. It can't be making the jeans cheaper to manufacture, and I don't think anyone in America prefers button flies to zippers.

I noticed a lot of places are starting to go all buttons. Can't seem to find anything with zippers anymore.

Archived