If youre not a Fender or Gibson guy

Naterel

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I use to only care about Gibson's, until I played some nice Fenders. Now I have my Thin body Les Paul, other than that I pretty much just love offsets. I love short scales. However, after I settle on my next Jag I think I will probably looks towards a nice Gretsch or Harmony Bobkat.

No one has mention Rickenbacker yet, is it the price point? They are phenomenal as well. Would love to do crazy things with a ric running high gain.

• Members

I have all kinds of guitars. The best "gibson tone" guitar I have is a jackso rhoads with a bb in it. I have several deans, a schecter, some kit guitars, a partscaster 12 string and my main is a dillion 12 string with a trem on it and alumitones. Really a very cool and unique guitar. I also have a gibson lp and an 80's usa strat. Those two almost never get played anymore.

• Members

I have a Strat Ultra and some Gibsons, but I've performed with a G&L Tribute (korean), Epiphone, DBZ, and a Raven West I've since traded away. They're all good enough to get the job done, though the Raven West was too heavily coated with polyurethane and tone-dead for my taste.

• Members

I'll preface this by saying I'm just as guilty with my 70's Ibanez boner. But its hilarious the utter dominance these two guitar designs have when people say instead they play Epi, G&L, Agile, Edwards, etc.

The Epi I was referring to is a Dot, though. I also have a number of guitars that are not Strat/Tele/LP clones, mostly semi-hollows such as an Agile Harm. I don't recall using any of them in front of a real audience yet.

• Members

I've got a Switch guitar. Made of plastic. Sounds nice and was only $150. They're still pretty cheap on ebay even though the company went under. Search for "vibracell" (their pretend technology) as searching for "switch guitar" will net you 1,000,000 pages of something else.

Other than that I like ibanez.

I do have a half strat. Body is from Fender, though the neck is aftermarket.

• Members

I've got a Switch guitar. Made of plastic. Sounds nice and was only $150. They're still pretty cheap on ebay even though the company went under. Search for "vibracell" (their pretend technology) as searching for "switch guitar" will net you 1,000,000 pages of something else.

Other than that I like ibanez.

I do have a half strat. Body is from Fender, though the neck is aftermarket.

I remember the ads for those, I also remember them being ugly

Got any pics?

Archived