Your top 5 favourite fuzz pedals of all time! AKA fuzz appreciation thread

Elessar [Sly]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've never really been a fuzz guy but got it in my head that I needed to give one a try when I got my Strat last year. I nearly went with the BYOC Large Beaver but after careful consideration settled on the Blackout Effectors Musket.

I made a little clip with my Musket this afternoon. I've done a few since getting the pedal and this is not my usual thing but the tone I was getting at the time made me think of this. I don't know the tune but I was digging the tone I was getting from the pedal and it inspired me to take a stab at this Gilmour lead line. I listened to the run a few times on the computer to get the high spots then took a shot at it. I think it sounds pretty close for a spur of the moment clip....tonewise anyway. I used MIA Strat - BD2 - Musket - Egnater T15H with a DIY 212 cab. I ran a G-Sharp in the loop of the Tweaker for a little reverb & delay.

Here is one of the many things I love about the Musket:

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Reauchambeau

View Post

that is some champagne fuzzies right there

Yea, I went a little retarded with fuzz buying around this time last year until March of this year. Wound up with a lot of high dollar fuzzes and those are the only ones that stayed. Well, there's also the D*A*M Fuzz Sound but that one will be up for sale soon and really I should probably sell a few of my top 5 too. The Fuzzaround can do a lot of the sounds the others can do.

• Members

I'm no expert, even though I'm a gear slut, there's A TON of classic as well as booteek fuzz peds I haven't messed with yet...

But so far:

-Lovetone Big Cheese. Mine got stolen, so now I've got an OLC Chunky Cheese. Versatile as f*ck, capable of delivering a wide range of nasty filth.

-Red Witch Fuzz God II. It's kind of early to put it in this list, bought it just recently. But it managed to steal my fuzz factory's spot, which says a lot, right?

-Superfuzz. I've got the poor man's version, suits me fine: Boss FZ-2. With the nice bonus of the booster mode.

-I probably should include at least one Muff too, so I'll just go for the EHX NYC BMP. Booteek shmooteehtongue.gif

-Tonebender MKII

-Some sort of crazy octave fuzz, not sure which one I prefer.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by goodhonk

View Post

Spooky-green-top1345862121.jpg

After reading this thread, I got my Spooky Tooth out again. I forgot how hard this pedal rocks!

It kind of got pushed aside by its cousin, the Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe, but the ST is a different but still fantastic flavor of fuzz!

Other faves of mine are the Basic Audio Zippy and my BJF Pink Purple Fuzz.

The Pink Purple Fuzz is a crossbeed of distortion and fuzz.

If I have to bring a small pedalboard to a gig, the Pink Purple Fuzz kills two birds with one stone. It does that like a precise sniper!

Archived