OT: e-cigarettes

echodeluxe

• Members

SafeCig worked for me, keeps me off the real ones, except if I run out. That's the downside, you're still strung out. I made myself a deal that once I drop the weight I put on the last time I went cold turkey, I'll quit again. What I did was, I quit for 2 years, gained weight, then {censored}ed up and started smoking again. I ain't putting more weight on. I've lost 15lb, 10 more to go and I'll grit my teeth and do it. Meanwhile I suck on the nicotine dick.

• Members

I haven't smoked a single cigarette since august. When your done your done.it feels good

People I know with the e thing still smoke, real cigs mixed with that thing.

August man, can't believe I did it...you can do it...

Cold turkey....oh and coffee to, because it was to much of a trigger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varenicline

That's what I used, and I'll be cigarette free for three years this March. However, I can NOT recommend Chantix. I had massive roller coaster emotional swings while taking it, and after stopping. It did definitely decrease my desire for cigarettes though, and made it much easier to quit - it's just that the side effects are horrendous.

• Members

That's what I used, and I'll be cigarette free for three years this March. However, I can NOT recommend Chantix. I had massive roller coaster emotional swings while taking it, and after stopping. It did definitely decrease my desire for cigarettes though, and made it much easier to quit - it's just that the side effects are horrendous.

Word. I quit with Chantix...That {censored} is nasty. I had the craziest dreams. Not bad, necessarily, but vivid. One was really cool, actually, I dreamt I woke up, went to the kitchen to make coffee, and Neil Young was sitting at my kitchen table. "Coffee, Neil?" "Yeah, man, thanks." It was sooo real. And awesome.

• Members

Word. I quit with Chantix...That {censored} is nasty. I had the craziest dreams. Not bad, necessarily, but vivid. One was really cool, actually, I dreamt I woke up, went to the kitchen to make coffee, and Neil Young was sitting at my kitchen table. "Coffee, Neil?" "Yeah, man, thanks." It was sooo real. And awesome.

• Members

It was really cool, though. It was like '72 Neil, long hair, red flannel shirt. The funny thing was in the dream it was no big deal, like he was supposed to be there. I had some others that weren't that cool...like I'm at a Xmas party with the kid I sat next to in 5th grade and stuff like that.

• Members

Good advice all around.

Quit for 12 years, started again 8 years ago, working on stopping again. :facepalm:

eCigs and nicorette only makes it worse (increased my addiction) The patch gave me a terrible skin reaction (itched until it burned)...

Cold turkey is always the end-of-the-line, that's called "quitting".

Good luck all, my plan is to be DONE this weekend...

P.S. Everyone quits smoking, just that some of us do it while we're still breathing (just sayin') :poke:

• Members

Step down. Ease out of it. The only way I did it was to quit smoking after dinner, then I didn't have my morning commute smoke, etc. etc. Hardest one to quit was my "beer buzz" cigarette, but I gritted my way through it. It's been about 6 mos now, and I hardly miss them. I have on occasion slipped and had one, but that's bound to happen, and I didn't beat myself up over it. I think I enjoyed the idea of having a cigarette more than having one, if that makes any sense.

Anyway, that's the way it worked best for me...

• Members

Finally quit just going cold turkey. Never thought I could do it, but it's alot easier than it seems. You just have to be committed to saying "Well, I'm going to go through hell, but it's a limited kind of hell, I can still do other fun stuff, and it's only for a limited time, maybe 3-6 months and I'll feel fine, and in the grand scheme of things, that's no time at all."

Worked for me at least.

Did the same, 2 years ago. I thought I couldn't.

Get hooked to candy or something like that while your body craves for nicotine. It was great for me.

I'm surprised on how much did I smoke, all day, from morning with a cigarette around, for so many years. I forgot about tobacco for a 99.9% of the time now.

• Members

I learned how to shut my mind down at Army Basic Training on long grueling 12-25 mile 100 degree +F road marches on roller coaster hills marching On the kinda rocks they lay train tracks on.

You have to shut your mind down to block out the pain and mental torment or you will fail. Some times it was just repeating a mantra in my mind over and over. At fort leonard wood my mantra was "dont think just walk".

Several times ive used the patch in thirds cause the dose is too heavy for me, its like swallowing dip.

I did rehab in 88 and im on the deans list studying drug counselling program.

The last time i quit smoking over 7 years ago i was able to just banish all thoughts of smoking from my head space even without a mantra its like i visually picture removing the thoughts of smoking from my mind.

• Members

Solid advice all around. Thanks dudes.

I got one. It was expensive and I can feel the nicotine for sure. But my plan is to use it as a last resort when I'm really having a hardcore craving. I don't get those often. I'm hoping after a while ill just be done with it all.

• Members

E-cigs are chemicals out of China......

You feel safe sucking that down???

I used the gum for a long time and then went to the patch which made feel sick and I pulled it off and was done.

PERIOD.

Nicotine is use for a insecticide.

I finally felt the poison after the patch was on.

I LOVED smoking and it was my hobby and go to for even the creative process.

After I felt the toxic effect I have never look back.

Get a espresso machine, better taste and it gives you a buzz!

Good luck and good for you in making your life longer!

Archived